NR Desert sheep points , How many do you have?

mdbrown

Long Time Member
how many NR desert sheep points do you have this year?
if you have drawn how many did you draw with?

i have 10 , most likley 11 next year.

I'm at 10 for Des, and Cali, plus 5 for Rocky as a non res. at least in Nevada we have a fair shot compared to the max point set asides systems like Wyo.
Glad I'm not a kid, because they are out in Wyo type states.

Nevada allowed me in the draw for non res Mountain Goat and gave me a tag back when I had 6 points. Good luck drawing one like that in other states.

Question for NON-residents. Do you know of anyone who has ever drawn a NON-resident sheep tag in Nevada for their 2nd through 5th choices? Just a curiosity question.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Had a friend from Utah draw a nonres DBS tag in the late 90's on his 5th choice (044, 182)

I have 21 nonres points for Cali bighorn. First year back in the Desert draw, after having a tag in 2003 as a resident.

With only 4-5 Kali Big Horn tags each year it's tough for a NR but since you're already buying a license what's another $20.00?? Someone has to draw.

dwalton, has it been that long?!?! I'm sure it seems like it for you but man time flies!

a guy a couple years ago drew a sheep tag with 0 points. That's the beauty of the nevada bonus point system. sure would frustrate me if I had 15+ years of points though.

You can look into draw statistics to see how many points it took to draw the tags.

Hey Horniac, did a relative of yours have a sheep tag last year?

I have 14 points for desert and Cali Big horns. 5 for Rockies, and 10 for goat. I also have ten years to wait till I can apply for another elk tag! :)

>Hey Horniac, did a relative of
>yours have a sheep tag
>last year?
>

Not to my knowledge NVBighorn...

Horniac

I drew DBHS in 1994 , waited 10 years & have 9 now . Drew CBS in 1996 , waited 10 years & have 7 now . Have 5 RMBHS too. Yes as a non-res .

Good luck.

I went into the 2012 draw with 12 points and drew a 044,182 Desert tag as my #2 choice.

Ya, as many people have already mentioned, the bonus with Nv lottery draw is that you can luck out with 0 points and still draw. I'm an NV resident and have 8 points for the Sheep, Billy goats and elk but have only actually put in for Cali sheep one time which was not successful. Conversely, a family friend has put in for California Big Horn for the last 22 years (resident) and has not drawn. Suffice to say home boy's luck is bunk. I'd love it if NDOW would spin up an archery hunt for sheep but from a management standpoint, archery is tough to rely on for the harvests to meet the management goals so I doubt we'll see that ever happen unless someone can get the lobbying wing from the NRA to give a hoot about archery in NV, which is worth mentioning for the comedic value.

15 this year, 0 next year.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Me too... 14 this - 0 next!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom