NR FEES $$ OUCH

grizzly

Long Time Member
As of August 17th, IDFG has only sold 69 NR deer tags. OUCH!

(See---http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/licenses/?getPage=75)

I guess I am one of only 69 people that are dumb enough to spend $500 to hunt deer in Idaho.

There have only been 1,181 elk tags sold, which IDFG loves to blame on wolves. But wolves don't come close to an excuse for the horrible deer herd in the state. Maybe IDFG should look in a mirror once in a while.

I don't know how long I will keep forking out the money. I hope IDFG makes some changes instead of the old PR campaign to NR trying to get us to hunt there. We've probably all got the flier in the mail saying how good Idaho hunting is and it is just getting better.

It has been documented in other forums that a huge percentage (80%?) of IDFG budget comes from NR hunters. This year is going to be painful to IDFG coffers.

I don't point this out to start an argument, but I do it because I love hunting in Idaho and truly hope that IDFG can make the necessary changes to bring the herds back to where they should be.

Grizzly

I hope it wakes them up! Last year I didn't buy any tags just to help the cause. I think that is where it hurts them the most. If they are not going to listen to use, we'll hunt some other state. I can't wait to go back to Colorado. I'm hunting Utah this year.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

+1 Our group also love's hunting Idaho but in addition to what is referrenced above. Idaho deer just isn't what it used to be and some of it is due to several winter kill in the SE Region. High fee's for NR and the Residents keep the low fee's + shoot all the little bucks for the freezer so the herds will never be the quality like 20 years ago. Add the access restrictions and road closures and there you have it. It is hard to justify hunting as a NR $$$$ in those conditions unless you are just plan crazy about hunting and don't care about getting any game. When I hunt Idaho I pass on small game looking for only quality animals then before the sun sets some local just goes out and pops's the same one I passed on for meat. We have written letters to the IDFG Commission requesting the adoption of 3pt. and better zones to allow the game to grow and upgrade the quality of the herds. All this over and over for over 15 years. Our requests have all fallen on deaf ears. Maybe this tag sales issue will finally get them to raise the Residents fee's and do some better game management.

))))------->

Personally, I don't like pt restriction, with that being said Idaho needs to do something different. We run an archery hunt for a month then we have early rifle draw hunts, then we have general otc rifle hunts, then we go to late rifle hunts.then we have muzz hunt, then we go to late archery hunts and then go into late cow draw hunts all within the same zone, all within the same year!!! Surely you jest in thinking we don't have abundant numbers of game animals!!

"When I hunt Idaho I pass on small game looking for only quality animals then before the sun sets some local just goes out and pops's the same one I passed on for meat."
And people wonder why there is such a disdain for nonresdients. You come on to an Idaho forum and make a douchebag comment like that. God forbid that a local kill something that he has a tag for. All residents please bow to the almighty trophyhunter

>+1 Our group also love's hunting
>Idaho but in addition to
>what is referrenced above. Idaho
>deer just isn't what it
>used to be and some
>of it is due to
>several winter kill in the
>SE Region. High fee's for
>NR and the Residents keep
>the low fee's + shoot
>all the little bucks for
>the freezer so the herds
>will never be the quality
>like 20 years ago. Add
>the access restrictions and road
>closures and there you have
>it. It is hard to
>justify hunting as a NR
>$$$$ in those conditions unless
>you are just plan crazy
>about hunting and don't care
>about getting any game. When
>I hunt Idaho I pass
>on small game looking for
>only quality animals then before
>the sun sets some local
>just goes out and pops's
>the same one I passed
>on for meat. We have
>written letters to the IDFG
>Commission requesting the adoption of
>3pt. and better zones to
>allow the game to grow
>and upgrade the quality of
>the herds. All this over
>and over for over 15
>years. Our requests have all
>fallen on deaf ears. Maybe
>this tag sales issue will
>finally get them to raise
>the Residents fee's and do
>some better game management.
>
>))))------->

Uh, raising my fees isnt going to help. Wrong answer to that problem. Try increasing deer numbers.

s211_muleDeerInitiative.jpg

They're right on plan...aren't they?

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/wildlife/muleDeerInitiative/plan2010.pdf

By not shooting the deer, won't it increase the deer numbers?
Doesn't matter to me either way about how much the fee's are. Last time I checked, they didn't charge to watch them or pick up their antlers. I wouldn't mind if they closed the hunt down for a few years. Fact is the non-residents are not coming to Idaho causing the Fish and Game to loose money. Sooner or later they will have to do something drastic or go bankrupt.

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-12 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]>
s211_muleDeerInitiative.jpg

>
> They're right on plan...aren't they?
>
>
>http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/wildlife/muleDeerInitiative/plan2010.pdf

All I have seen is them talk. I go to their meetings and I have heard the same person say,"people don't have an impact on the total population". Then, a few minutes later he says,"people have an impact on the total population". I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't even respond. It was Toby by the way. To me it sounds just like Obama politics.

I'll gladly pay to play if they'll let me draw another 40 tag. Come on baby, roll me some snake eyes for tomorrow...

Really? Access restrictions and road closures. High fees? Why don't you frickin NR'S Take a look through the rest of the western states non-res fees, they are all pretty damn expensive. I would rather pay an extra twenty to thirty bucks a year for a resident tag and completely do away with non res altogether. People like you who ##### about not being able to ride their quads all over Hell and back and not be able to take a trophy animal make me sick. If our prices are so high and your too lazy to put some miles on your boots, then stay the Hell outta ID. Go pay 1062$ for a California elk tag if you think we are so expensive. Don't come knocking our state, if Idaho is so terrible at its game management then hunt where you live if its so terrific. So sick of all the utards and upody californian douche nozzles along with all other ungrateful non res twats always complaining. Save your money for a year or two and go hunt a high fence so you don't over exert yourself by putting some miles on your loafers. DBAGS!

>Really? Access restrictions and road closures.
>High fees? Why don't you
>frickin NR'S Take a look
>through the rest of the
>western states non-res fees, they
>are all pretty damn expensive.
>I would rather pay an
>extra twenty to thirty bucks
>a year for a resident
>tag and completely do away
>with non res altogether. People
>like you who ##### about
>not being able to ride
>their quads all over Hell
>and back and not be
>able to take a trophy
>animal make me sick. If
>our prices are so high
>and your too lazy to
>put some miles on your
>boots, then stay the Hell
>outta ID. Go pay 1062$
>for a California elk tag
>if you think we are
>so expensive. Don't come knocking
>our state, if Idaho is
>so terrible at its game
>management then hunt where you
>live if its so terrific.
>So sick of all the
>utards and upody californian douche
>nozzles along with all other
>ungrateful non res twats always
>complaining. Save your money for
>a year or two and
>go hunt a high fence
>so you don't over exert
>yourself by putting some miles
>on your loafers. DBAGS!

They are, that is why Idaho fish and game is freaking out.

I'm a resident and I just want the mule deer management to begin. Business as usual and an good logo isn't getting the results I had hoped for...Do we have it good? Do we live in one of the very best states? YES to both...but we also have much wasted potential.

I don't have the answers, not sure that any one man does. I do believe, I employ, through taxes and licenses, people who should be able to make quality mule deer management happen as a part of their daily duties.

i don't know about any of you other residents here, but i'd have no problem paying $40 for my deer tag so that a little bit of the NR hunters' gas is covered driving here, instead of wyoming, colorado, montana etc.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12 AT 08:17AM (MST)[p]i am an idaho native. i buy a non-resident tag every year so i can hunt southern idaho for mule deer and hunt up north for white tail. i am a blue collar guy income wise. i save up over the course of the year. a 350-500 $ is in my opinion cheap for a weeks hunting/ entertainment.

i have always said residents should pay higher liscence and tag fees to offset the loss of NR hunters. also with some of the NR comments it's no wonder so many residents don't care for them.

as well a previous poster made mention of what i feel is most wrong with mule deer mangement. the fish and game "pimps" the deer out for five months in most cases. early archery, muzzy hunt, rifle hunt, late rifle hunt, muzzy hunt, late archery hunt, 5,000 youth tags, 1,000 doe tags in units that have less than 500 doe. they try and sell all the tags and permits possible without i believe giving two craps about the herds. it's about $$$$ as well it's interesting most people want point restrictions also want to hunt five months a year.early bow, muzzeloder, rifle, late archery. i think choose your weapon makes more sense now than ever. a while back a poster made the comment of no hunts after halloween for bucks. i support this. this will absolutly make a positive impact on having more mature bucks.

After looking at the provided link, it also appears as though some have actually been turning their tags back.

Idaho is definitely in trouble.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12 AT 08:39AM (MST)[p]>Idaho is definitely in trouble.

Yep. It seems the whole state is on fire. However, the areas on fire will be prime feeding areas for many years.

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12
>AT 08:17?AM (MST)

>
>i am an idaho native. i
>buy a non-resident tag every
>year so i can hunt
>southern idaho for mule deer
>and hunt up north for
>white tail. i am a
>blue collar guy income wise.
>i save up over the
>course of the year. a
>350-500 $ is in my
>opinion cheap for a weeks
>hunting/ entertainment.
>
>i have always said residents should
>pay higher liscence and tag
>fees to offset the loss
>of NR hunters. also with
>some of the NR comments
>it's no wonder so many
>residents don't care for them.
>
>
>as well a previous poster made
>mention of what i feel
>is most wrong with mule
>deer mangement. the fish and
>game "pimps" the deer out
>for five months in most
>cases. early archery, muzzy hunt,
>rifle hunt, late rifle hunt,
>muzzy hunt, late archery hunt,
>5,000 youth tags, 1,000 doe
>tags in units that have
>less than 500 doe. they
>try and sell all the
>tags and permits possible without
>i believe giving two craps
>about the herds. it's about
>$$$$ as well it's interesting
>most people want point restrictions
>also want to hunt five
>months a year.early bow, muzzeloder,
>rifle, late archery. i
>think choose your weapon makes
>more sense now than ever.
>a while back a poster
>made the comment of no
>hunts after halloween for bucks.
>i support this. this will
>absolutly make a positive impact
>on having more mature bucks.
>

We have consenses, when do we start!!

And I want to shout out a big thank you to all non-rez hunters for doing what rez hunters won't, maybe it will be a hugh eye opener, maybe enough for some real change even if it would hurt some tender feelers!!!

I'm a NR, DIY, Public Land hunter from California. I don't own a quad or even a trailer, but I do own a couple tents and backpacks. I usually try to hunt out-of-state at least twice a year. This will be my first time hunting ID. Last year my father and I put in for a deer hunt and didn't draw. That +$150 license (that I didn't use) took a chunk out of my hunting $, but I did not draw a tag in other state tag (WY, CO, NM) so it didn't hurt too bad. This year I was lucky enough to draw an antelope tag, and I'm going back for a deer hunt.

Personally, I think NR aren't hunting ID as much because of the license required to buy to put in for the draw. The economy is still down and a lot of people are still hurting (myself included).

This year NM required NRs to purchase a license to enter the draw, and it kept me from applying there. Instead of making the $30-$40 on the application fees (for tags I wouldn't have drawn) they made nothing.

But I can't wait to hunt ID this year! If I get a deer or not, I'm sure I'll have a great time. A lot of you guys here have been a great help! Especially Smokepoler63! I hope one day I can return the favor!

>>LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12
>>AT 08:17?AM (MST)

>>
>>i am an idaho native. i
>>buy a non-resident tag every
>>year so i can hunt
>>southern idaho for mule deer
>>and hunt up north for
>>white tail. i am a
>>blue collar guy income wise.
>>i save up over the
>>course of the year. a
>>350-500 $ is in my
>>opinion cheap for a weeks
>>hunting/ entertainment.
>>
>>i have always said residents should
>>pay higher liscence and tag
>>fees to offset the loss
>>of NR hunters. also with
>>some of the NR comments
>>it's no wonder so many
>>residents don't care for them.
>>
>>
>>as well a previous poster made
>>mention of what i feel
>>is most wrong with mule
>>deer mangement. the fish and
>>game "pimps" the deer out
>>for five months in most
>>cases. early archery, muzzy hunt,
>>rifle hunt, late rifle hunt,
>>muzzy hunt, late archery hunt,
>>5,000 youth tags, 1,000 doe
>>tags in units that have
>>less than 500 doe. they
>>try and sell all the
>>tags and permits possible without
>>i believe giving two craps
>>about the herds. it's about
>>$$$$ as well it's interesting
>>most people want point restrictions
>>also want to hunt five
>>months a year.early bow, muzzeloder,
>>rifle, late archery. i
>>think choose your weapon makes
>>more sense now than ever.
>>a while back a poster
>>made the comment of no
>>hunts after halloween for bucks.
>>i support this. this will
>>absolutly make a positive impact
>>on having more mature bucks.
>>
>
>We have consenses, when do we
>start!!
>
>And I want to shout out
>a big thank you to
>all non-rez hunters for doing
>what rez hunters won't, maybe
>it will be a hugh
>eye opener, maybe enough for
>some real change even if
>it would hurt some tender
>feelers!!!

Well here is a pat on the back you big trophy hunter you! Lmao

Good comments reddickslayer! That is exactly
what we will do! Then in a few years when your
fish and game has no money, and no wildlife,
you can still blame it on us! Idiot!!!!

If it were up to me, I think a good starting point would be to raise deer tag to $35 (people will bich, but they will still pay it... Whos going to let $15 be ur deciding factor when ur gun costs 1k) choose ur weapon, move general seasons to the 5th-24th (neither should affect tag sales), absolutely no rut hunts in units like 39 (could hurt app fees but I think increased tag fees will more than make up for it), cut doe tags in half eventually in 39. And somehow get more people to put a hurtin on the predators) I saw more bears than deer last year, I'm serious.

Well than how the hell can we improve deer herds the way we want to if we lose all of that non-Rez income? So uh ya, raising ur fees will help because most suggestions on this site will require some sort of income decrease to better the herds

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]>>>LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12
>>>AT 08:17?AM (MST)

>>>
>>>i am an idaho native. i
>>>buy a non-resident tag every
>>>year so i can hunt
>>>southern idaho for mule deer
>>>and hunt up north for
>>>white tail. i am a
>>>blue collar guy income wise.
>>>i save up over the
>>>course of the year. a
>>>350-500 $ is in my
>>>opinion cheap for a weeks
>>>hunting/ entertainment.
>>>
>>>i have always said residents should
>>>pay higher liscence and tag
>>>fees to offset the loss
>>>of NR hunters. also with
>>>some of the NR comments
>>>it's no wonder so many
>>>residents don't care for them.
>>>
>>>
>>>as well a previous poster made
>>>mention of what i feel
>>>is most wrong with mule
>>>deer mangement. the fish and
>>>game "pimps" the deer out
>>>for five months in most
>>>cases. early archery, muzzy hunt,
>>>rifle hunt, late rifle hunt,
>>>muzzy hunt, late archery hunt,
>>>5,000 youth tags, 1,000 doe
>>>tags in units that have
>>>less than 500 doe. they
>>>try and sell all the
>>>tags and permits possible without
>>>i believe giving two craps
>>>about the herds. it's about
>>>$$$$ as well it's interesting
>>>most people want point restrictions
>>>also want to hunt five
>>>months a year.early bow, muzzeloder,
>>>rifle, late archery. i
>>>think choose your weapon makes
>>>more sense now than ever.
>>>a while back a poster
>>>made the comment of no
>>>hunts after halloween for bucks.
>>>i support this. this will
>>>absolutly make a positive impact
>>>on having more mature bucks.
>>>
>>
>>We have consenses, when do we
>>start!!
>>
>>And I want to shout out
>>a big thank you to
>>all non-rez hunters for doing
>>what rez hunters won't, maybe
>>it will be a hugh
>>eye opener, maybe enough for
>>some real change even if
>>it would hurt some tender
>>feelers!!!
>
>
>Well here is a pat on
>the back you big trophy
>hunter you! Lmao

Thanks for the pat, much appreciated, I hope your tender feelers weren't hurt you doe slayer you! Lmao

I will be hunting Idaho elk this year as a NR. Yeah, it's very expensive but one of the reasons I decided on the OTC area I will be hunting in September is BECAUSE of the ATV restrictions I'm reading about.

twsnow,

I think you are correct about predators. Most state agencies discount their impacts way too much.

The production cycle of mule deer is being severely disrupted. Until we can figure out how to keep more deer on the mountain you will see the resource dwindle. We are in a race for the bottom and no one appears willing or able to stop it.

I do believe that state agencies should start treating the species as though it is in trouble rather than acting like nothing is wrong. It appears as though we keep doing the same thing over & over; meanwhile, we expect a different outcome.

A true definition of insanity.

At some point we need to decide what we want to be as a Non-Resident hunting destination.

For years we have been the last resort OTC state. Can't draw in Wyo, Colo, Utah, Ariz then go do an OTC in Idaho. Since the economy was good and overall the costs to put in for their primary states was not that high, why not put in for Idaho Controlled Hunts also.

Now it is not just the cost of our license purchase for controlled, it is what NR's are paying overall, plus the negative impact of the last 4 years of crappy economy.

While other states are also seeing drops in herd quality, people have invested a huge amount into their points and will not cut putting in there to put in here.

Idaho isn't going to triple the amount of 170 bucks and 320 bulls in a year or two, not matter what you all think, so we aren't going to have increased demand pull up the revenue.

What we should do, is scrap the license requirement and start a NR draw, but charge them a market price to put in. This may have high demand, if for no other reason than it will be much cheaper than now and people will be able to get in on the ground floor points wise.

Residents will be pissed because I think we will need to guaranty 10% of tags to NR's. But, this will only have a very minor impact on overall shift of actual Res:NR ratio as most hunts draw 10% NR's anyway.

Additionally, we should keep our Res and NR lic and tag fee's up at market. A lot of the low-income and older residents will complain, but as the resource get's more limited the cost must rise and if you aren't dedicated to the sport you may have to make a choice. Heck a movie is 10 bucks.

While our OTC hunts may have more like a 120" ave, while Colo has 140" ave on similar hunts, our Controlled Hunts have produced some damn nice bucks even the last 3-4 years so I think demand for these hunts will be decent.

No matter what, less Texans, Californians, and New Yorkers can afford to put in for Controlled tags in 8 western states, there will be less people putting in everywhere. One advantage we have for the NR, is if you aren't sitting on 20 points in Colo/Utah or 5 points in Wyo, you are behind the curve big time, and you will have a fresh start here.

I still prefer our system for Residents. Adjust tags as needed based on population and herd dynamics.

Also, institute a tighter cap in OTC unit tag allocations for both Res and NRes, we may lose some revenue here, but in the end we all agree the herds need some help, and I think we can make it up in the draw revenue.

The one thing I get tired of on here is people who are so obviously selfish. If you are a trophy hunter, you advocate a position that simply screws the average rec hunter. If you are a res, then screw all the NR's. If you are a NR, you want more tags, less costs, and want to ##### about our state and it's residents. Bottom line, is there is give and take in everything.

I'm a NR and would bail if I didnt get a youth discounted tag. If they take the atv restrictions off I'll be done. Way too many slobs riden around.

Wow...how arrogant do you get? Complaining about a resident of Idaho shooting a buck he has a tag for, your the kind of NR hunter that can stay home. I've ran across some great NR hunters here, and will not lump them in with you. You want to come here and shoot a trophy buck, complain about reasonable fees, complain about deer quality, and complain about the residents taking meat animals. I actually earn every animal I get, I am trapping predators all winter long on snowshoes, trying to take out the worthless coyotes that are taking down our young deer even though most guys are going after bobcat which pay alot better,and I will take out the worthless racoons that are raiding waterfowl nests. I also do my part by buying a leftover NR deer tag. I take the kids on a meat hunt, then will hunt for a nice buck when I have meat in the freezer. Idaho has given us all alot, I for one am thankful, but I don't sit around and whine about fish and game, I ask myself what can I do to help the herds. I don't fill any remorse whatsoever when I take a meat buck because I know I did my part in saving 20 over the winter by piling up k-9's What do you do to help.......yeah I thought so. Seems like everyone wants a handout....Come up out of season and help plant forage or something then you can cry all you want, or stay home and I'll buy the extra tag to make up for you not coming.

Are u hinting at habitat being the issue as far as keeping deer on the mountain? I'm also in favor of a non Rez point system. How about this. Non Rez get a point for every bear, cat or wolf they tag towards the hunt of their choosing haha. Unfortunately it'd never work lol but I could guarantee our predators would be in check after one season and we could cross that off the checklist.

twsnow18,

Hardly just habitat. I believe predators are playing a much bigger role in wildlife management than they should. Coyotes and bears as well.

Now Idaho is talking about holding a "Wildlife Summit" with our enemies as the invited guests.

I believe that something needs to be done to address predators and inviting the bleeding-heart liberals to step up will circumvent that from ever happening.

I also do not think anyone fully understands the consequences of over harvesting for a prolonged period. Some areas, it might simply pay to close for awhile until deer numbers rebound. I also think more should be done to encourage private landowners to increase deer numbers. This will only happen if Idaho will provide some kind of landowner incentives for harboring more deer.

Also wonder if more feeding programs should be implemented as well. Some complain about habitat but then they refuse to do anything while mule deer are starving.

I'm a nonres. that comes out and hunts unit 36 and 36b every few years with a family member that lives there. I refuse to believe that these units are over hunted by deer hunters because I rarely see a boot print more than half a mile off the road and nobody is walking in from the other side. When you talk to the hunters that live in the area and tell them you are just deer hunting they look at you like you're crazy. It's all about the elk and deer are an afterthought. When you pass up a couple of shots a day at forkhorns you have to think the mature bucks are still there somewhere. I'm sure the wolves and guessing cats have helped decline the of amount of deer but there's no way the deer herd is overpressured by hunters other than the forkhorns standing a 100 yards off the road. To me the cost of the license isn't much of a factor considering the amount of ground I'm free to hunt. A hunt in Colorado last year limited to hunting up to the fenceline from one private ranch to another wasn't a bargin considering the trespass fee and cheaper license.

Hold true to your words then hntbigballs4chin, find another state to hunt and stay out of ours. It wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if our f'd up f&g had to shut hunting down for a year or two from lack of funds, granted it would suck. Maybe they'd pull their heads out of their keisters and actually learn to manage game without depending on a bunch of dbag outta staters.

I do agree with the fact that something needs to change, but it is not all IDFG. We as sportsman need to get involved more in habitat improvement and predator control, if we each shot 1 predator a year and helped with one improvement project a year. Then things would be a lot better. Maybe not great but better.

Can you imagine if all rifle hunts were a draw? What a difference that would make in only a year or two!

I would rather see an effort to inform and educate hunters (and perhaps more importantly wildlife managers) about the importance of maintaining older age class bucks in a population. For far too long, most states have managed for maximum sustained yield and buck only harvest. I believe part of what we are experiencing today is a result of having too low of a buck:doe ratio and too young of a buck population, for too long of a time period.

I think for far too long, we have accepted that habitat is the limiting factor. Predators are taking much more mule deer than was ever thought and some migration corridors have been lost due to highway construction and expansions. Finally, state DOT agencies are working with state wildlife agencies to address road mortality. Underpasses and overpasses are not cheap but are an investment into the future. Saving one persons life is also hard to put a price tag on, but everyone should understand the benefits derived by reducing deer/auto collisions.

I do not believe that most states act as though mule deer are in trouble. Mule deer have been the bread & butter of most western states but some are now looking for other streams of money rather than attempting to fix the problem.

Has anyone read the book by Dr. Valerius Geist entitled "Mule Deer Country?" I think he identifies a lot of the problems mule deer are facing today.

I turned 12 years old and began hunting a few years after the 92-93 winter. So I don't remember the glory days of two deer areas like the stories my dad and grandpa tell. That said I still think our hunting is comparable to other states.

Keep in mind that mule deer are in decline everywhere, so if IDFG is to blame in Idaho, who is to blame everywhere else?
Other states may offer a better chance at larger deer but it is at the expense of hunting opportunity.

Rather than look at the Game Departments which are largely hamstrung by legislation and lack of real power lets look at other factors:

Think of all the places you used to hunt 20-30 years ago, how much of it is still huntable versus locked up in residential lots and homes?

Think of how many fewer predators existed 20-30 years ago.

Think of how the habitat has changed, some of it from natural growth and transition cycles, some from changed agricultural practices, some from invasive species and some from the amount of grazing going on.

I don't have the definitive answer but I believe it is more than the IDFG. The number of hunters has stayed pretty much the same over the last 20 years so why does it seem that hunting is becoming more restrictive?

The bottom line is that the mule deer and the habitat are less productive today that 20 years ago. Why?

+1 Idahoelkslayer and Smokestick. The only thing I would add is that we have elk coming out of our ears over most of the west now. That wasn't the case during the period of peak mule deer numbers of decades ago. In addition to the competition, I think this highlights the fact that range conditions have shifted to favor critters that thrive on grasses.

After speaking with a biologist for Utah State University, I believe elk play a major role in mule deer decline. Much of that is exacerbated by predation made easier by elk occupying top calving/fawning grounds. Fire fighting, which has caused aspen decreases, also plays a major long term role.

The problem with idfg is they aren't meeting their wildlife potential considering low relative human population and high habitat availability.

The biggest cause of decline since the Glory Days, I believe, can be traced to the banning of poisoning predators. The dates allign perfectly.

Just my thoughts.

I would like to send out a note to all those that believe all NR should go away. I live in Oregon. Idaho fish and game has received lots of my money. I have not bought a tag for 5 plus years. I get sick and tired of the attitude that the "National Forest" is somehow your land. I have just as much of a right to be there as you do. In conversations with folks in the mountains it usually goes something like this. I see you are from Oregon. Yep. Well at least you are not from California. Why are people from Oregon better than those from California? They just come here and think they own the place. Oh so are you born here in Idaho? No I moved here in 95. Oh where from? San Diego. Then I tell them that my Grandfather walked to Idaho from West Virginia shortly after the turn of the century. And my Grandfather on my mother?s side was half Indian. How long ago did they move to Idaho? So when you start spouting off you don't need the NR you better take a look at yourself and see who you are. I love Idaho hunting, grew up doing it and so did my sons. We all have lifetime Idaho hunting licenses and plan to be back over when there is something to hunt besides wolves.
Good luck with the budget.
DZ

I think that non-residents would do better to show more interest than to say "I'll hunt somewhere else until Idaho fixes itself, then I'll come back and profit from your work" Those comments don't make us feel any better about seeing a Utah or Washington license plate during hunting season.

I know you feel like you do your part by paying license and tag fees, but why do we feel like we own Idaho? Because we live live and work here, because we don't feel the need to go anywhere else to hunt, because we have an interest in the future of the state; whereas many out-of-staters come and take what they want and then leave.

Yes, non-residents have a right to use the land in Idaho, I just ask that you stop treating our state like a shopping trip. And take your garbage out with you.

>I would like to send out
>a note to all those
>that believe all NR should
>go away. I live
>in Oregon. Idaho fish
>and game has received lots
>of my money. I
>have not bought a tag
>for 5 plus years.
>I get sick and tired
>of the attitude that the
>"National Forest" is somehow your
>land. I have just
>as much of a right
>to be there as you
>do. In conversations with
>folks in the mountains it
>usually goes something like this.
> I see you are
>from Oregon. Yep.
>Well at least you are
>not from California. Why
>are people from Oregon better
>than those from California?
>They just come here and
>think they own the place.
> Oh so are you
>born here in Idaho?
>No I moved here in
>95. Oh where from?
> San Diego. Then
>I tell them that my
>Grandfather walked to Idaho from
>West Virginia shortly after the
>turn of the century.
>And my Grandfather on my
>mother�s side was half Indian.
> How long ago did
>they move to Idaho?
>So when you start spouting
>off you don't need the
>NR you better take a
>look at yourself and see
>who you are. I
>love Idaho hunting, grew up
>doing it and so did
>my sons. We all
>have lifetime Idaho hunting licenses
>and plan to be back
>over when there is something
>to hunt besides wolves.
>Good luck with the budget.
>DZ

One could say that your attitude could be part of the problem. How about planning a hunt specifically FOR WOLVES? Maybe then you will appear serious about wanting to preserve and maintain a great resource in a great state! How about helping?
Instead of: "I got a lifetime license and I'm gonna get mine when it's finally fixed!"

Regarding California, well...we have Californians moving in around us here in Northern ID occasionally and they bring nothing but political venom and bile in with them. Who can blame people for resisting that! I wish I could say otherwise about CA Nonresidents moving in here, but frankly so far it isn't the case.
We had a couple move here from San Fransisco and they have brainwashed at least two other neighbors (sheeple) into little socialists since they have moved here. We had a BBQ and they were bashing Bush and talking about the "terrorists in Crawford, Texas" the entire evening.
We packed up our crap and left and won't be back to that group's gatherings. They are poison as is their politics. It was brought on by the CA folks and their ideology!

Respectfully, this isn't a reflection on you DZ; but for the most part where CA residents move, so goes the political tide. Very sad.

I agree with you that some people bring bad ideas with them. Sorry if I came across as one not caring or trying to help out. My two boys have had wolf tags every year that they have been available. What gets me is people are judged by their license plate and not who they are. I lived on a dirt road in north Idaho that I helped develop. We had some of the same kind of BBQs. Didn't take me long to see I didn't fit in. But on the other hand my Wife was born in California and is more conservative than anyone, maybe because she grew up in a conservative home in Idaho. I just don't like being stereotyped into "NR" is always bad.

I always joke with my brothers when they come up to Idaho from Utah. I tell them that maybe I should drive just for that reason.

Broomd,
I have to agree with you!! I live in California, but I am not from here, I was born in Oregon and grew up in arizona from the 5th grade on until after high school. Califonians NOT ALL OF THEM
have this mind set that they are better than you!! When they move from the rat race they try to turn it into what they left.
When I lived in Lake Havasu Arizona the californians would come with their boats, party all weekend trash the place and leave!!
PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY, BUT CALIFORNIANS HAVE A BAD REPUTATION!! As to one of the other post I agee don't judge someone because of their license plate get to know them first than decide!! Just my 2 cents. By the way will be moving to Boise/Meridian within the next couple months can't wait to get out of Cali and get to paradise IMO!!

I love Idaho and I bought NR tags for years. My moms family is from SE Idaho and I have family in Boise and Hailey areas. I even lived in the Panhandle for a while. I think mule deer hunting in Idaho is very comprable to UT and WY. Most of the state is managed for maximum opportunity instead of quality, but there are still some nice bucks out there for guys that know the country well, work hard, and have a little luck on their side.

I think mule deer hunting in ID is underrated right now. However, at the same time I stopped buying NR tags a few years ago when they raised the price again. It was expensive before at $400 and I could barely bring myself to do it, but now at $500 I am out. Since that time there have been LOTS of NR hunters that decided just like me that they were out too.

Nobody likes seeing other hunters in their spots, especially hunters from out of state. However, you have to realize the important role those out of state hunters play in fuding wildlife management.

If ID started a NR point system with a garunteed 10% of tags I would come back. If ID lowered the price back to around $400 I would be back. Otherwise I will just hunt UT, WY or CO for $200 less each year.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

I see this alot, non-residents wanting to be guaranteed 10% of tags. With the current system it already comes pretty close to that. While other states guarantee or set aside a certain percentage of tags for non-residents, Idaho offers something different. Idaho gives non-residents the same chance at tags as residents until 10% are filled by non-residents.

I'll say it again. Idaho gives non-residents the same odds as residents up to the 10% cap. So in a drawing with say 100 tags, a NR has the same chance as a resident to draw until 10 NR draw tags, only then are the NR locked out.

Now, whether you think that is a better deal than another state is up to you to decide. While most states are converging on similar systems, Idaho offers something different.

I agree that the costs are prohibitive and the IDFG would do well to reduce that burden to encourage NR to apply.

broomd,

One could say your attitude could be part of the problem as well.

Don't forget that public land belongs to the public (that is everyone) not just us folks that live in Idaho. After all it is everyone's tax dollars that goes to support our National Forests, the BLM and other agencies that support Idaho's public lands. Those moneys come from all tax payers not just from Idaho tax payers. Someone from OR or CA has just as much right to enjoy the Idaho great outdoors as you do (as an ID resident) ... all I ask is respect the land because us Idahoian live here.

Not to start a political fight ... As for your comments about some folks from CA bringing political venom and bile with them ... I'm guessing that you have a rightwing view of things and don't have much of a tolerence for opposing points of view or at least that is the way you're coming across. God forbid that all us Idahoian get judged by some of the transgressions of you folks in Northern Idaho (arian nations). And just out of curiosity would your definition of political venom and bile include calling someone who disagrees with you a "little socialist"? One final political point ... "they" probably feel the same way about you as you do about them (you're some right wing, facist, religiuos zealout, biggot, racist, sexist that wants to cut taxes for the rich and give tax breaks to corporation and screw over the middle class). You are certainly entitled to your opinion and they are entitled to theirs but making sweeping judgements about people is never a good thing no matter what point of view you are coming from.

Now back to hunting ...

idgator

If you believe that a signficant number of people in Northern Idaho are members or supporters of the Aryan nations then I suggest you do more research before your ignorance gets out of hand. They were never a large part of the population and they were pushed out of the area over a decade ago.

As a native north Idahoan I will say that California transplants account for the majority of loss of hunting opportunity in Northern Idaho. Most are not hunters and they buy large parcels of land and post them for no trespassing. That is their right but what a waste of land. They don't use the timber, animals or any other resources that locals would make use of. Then there's people like me (local just starting in life) who can't afford to buy their own property because of the rising costs of real estate and property taxes as a result. Then the Californicators who claim they left california because they didn't like it, try to turn Idaho into California with their politics.

I once overheard a recent transplant proclaim extreme distress at learning that there were animals in the 40 acres that he had just bought and how he will never walk out of sight of his house. This is the stereotype that non-residents hunters come up against when they come here.

It just highlights the need for everyone in the woods to be courteous to one another.

Enough political, aryan nations, california this, right wing that bullchit.

A NON-REZ point system would serve us well, as well as lowering non resident tags a bit, thus raising residents at the same time a little as well.

Anyone know if a non-resident can shoot a wolf with their deer tag if they don't find a buck?

idelkslayer,

There was no ignorance on my part ... that was exactly my point ... don't judge the many by the acts of a few(e.g. you didn't like my reference to the Aryan Nation one bit did you).

In your second paragraph you state that CA transplants account for the majority of loss of hunting opportunity ... out of curiousity do you have some statistics to back that up or is that a generalization? Posting their private property is seen as a waste to you but if they get enjoyment out of having the land for the sake of having it then it's not a waste to them and they own it. Who are you to tell someone else what to do with their land just because you don't agree with them not hunting it or using the timber ... that's pretty selfrighteous isn't it? It also seems a bit hypocritical that you criticize people from CA for trying to change Idaho but you have no problem trying to tell them what to do with the land they own.

I take it you are relatively young ... not to be condscending, but complaining about not being able to buy hunting property or you can't hunt on private property where you use to be able to ... that's life. I bet every single person on this board would love 500 acres of their own, but unless you are extremley fortunate that probably isn't going to happen for most of us. If having private property is a goal of yours ... good ... let that be a motivating factor that drives you and maybe (with a little luck) you'll be successful and make the money to afford that land. I wish you the best of luck, but blaming other people because you don't already have it seems like you have some unrealistic sense of entitlement.

twsnow18,

Done ... back to the subject at hand.

I agree with you ... pnt system for non-res, lower the fee on non res and increase resident fee (a little).

I believe the non-resident can use the tag for a wolf, but not 100% sure of it.

>broomd,
>
>One could say your attitude could
>be part of the problem
>as well.
>
>Don't forget that public land belongs
>to the public (that is
> everyone) not just us
>folks that live in Idaho.
> After all it is
>everyone's tax dollars that goes
>to support our National Forests,
>the BLM and other agencies
>that support Idaho's public lands.
> Those moneys come
>from all tax payers not
>just from Idaho tax payers.
> Someone from OR or
>CA has just as much
>right to enjoy the Idaho
>great outdoors as you do
>(as an ID resident) ...
>all I ask is respect
>the land because us Idahoian
>live here.
>
>Not to start a political fight
>... As for your comments
>about some folks from CA
>bringing political venom and bile
>with them ... I'm guessing
>that you have a rightwing
>view of things and don't
>have much of a tolerence
>for opposing points of view
>or at least that is
>the way you're coming across.
> God forbid that all
>us Idahoian get judged by
>some of the transgressions of
>you folks in Northern Idaho
>(arian nations). And just
>out of curiosity would your
>definition of political venom and
>bile include calling someone who
>disagrees with you a "little
>socialist"? One final political
>point ... "they" probably feel
>the same way about you
>as you do about them
>(you're some right wing, facist,
>religiuos zealout, biggot, racist, sexist
>that wants to cut taxes
>for the rich and give
>tax breaks to corporation and
>screw over the middle class).
> You are certainly entitled
>to your opinion and they
>are entitled to theirs but
>making sweeping judgements about people
>is never a good thing
>no matter what point of
>view you are coming from.
>
>
>Now back to hunting ...

Well, I moved to Idaho from Alaska some time ago, so my opinion is what it is. I do have 30 acres here and pay my taxes.
Safe to say that NR hunters are an important part of the scheme of things around here--fiscally etc., as residents here we just hope they are good stewards of the resource and smoke a wolf if they can.

Per the outrageous Aryan nation and political stuff... Not going to waste time with it or argue politics with you. That was never my point here.

A non-resident point systems serves no one well. The last time IDF&G priced a point system, with residents included, it barely broke even. A NR only system would need to price the points in the Wyoming range to break-even.

Point systems are a mathematical disillusions. To provide an advantage to one hunter creates a disadvantage for another. Point creep occurs, the system is changed a few times usually to create a greater advantage to those first in the system while everyone else complains.

No thank you.

broomd,

You and I agree on the importance of NR hunters ... not only to ID F&G, but to the local communities in this state. We need them in more ways than one.

I moved here from Florida back in 88 and consider myself very luck to live here and I can't think of anywhere else I would want to be.

The "outrageous" comments were to make a point, not that I believe you or idelkslayer are like that, just so there is no misunderstanding.

BTW ... I'm hoping next year to make a trip to Alaska to do a little fly-fishing for silvers. It's a remarkable place!

Yes a NR can shoot a wolf, aw well as a bear or cat, with their NR deer or elk tag. Of course the tag itself is pretty cheap.

A "majority" of California is populated by people with the same ideology as one would consider to be the norm in Idaho. So be carefull before you judge.

I get sick of NR's that want to tell us what we need to do to get their $$, or that they have as much right because they pay fed taxes and hunt of fed lands. Forest service and BLM doesn't manage the game, IDAHO fish and game does. So the only impact you have is economically. So, the more you pull away the less impact you have.

Idaho is a victim of it's own making. We have made this the state of opportunity for NR's, and residents. We all take for granted the ability to buy a tag, OTC, at the last minute and go hunt for Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Elk, Bear, Mtn Lion, and Wolves. Then we complain because, we don't always shoot deer 160" or bigger. NR's complain that they don't get a point for the cost of the license they are forced to buy. So I say give them their point, for the opportunity to hunt here, like pretty much EVERY other state does. But like most every other state, there may be NO guaranty you will get to hunt. Give and take. If you want in the ground floor in the point system you will have to get in and pay your fee. Sure it will be less, but maybe you get less of our resources. Your choice. Idaho still is #2 in the record books and still every year puts as many or more bucks in the book than many other western states.

Disclaimer: There are a ton of great men and women who come here and are both appreciative fo the opportunity and a please to be with in the woods. My frustrations are with those that feel entitled!

>A non-resident point systems serves no
>one well. The last
>time IDF&G priced a point
>system, with residents included, it
>barely broke even. A
>NR only system would need
>to price the points in
>the Wyoming range to break-even.
>
>
>Point systems are a mathematical disillusions.
> To provide an advantage
>to one hunter creates a
>disadvantage for another. Point
>creep occurs, the system is
>changed a few times usually
>to create a greater advantage
>to those first in the
>system while everyone else complains.
>
>
>No thank you.

I agree with you, but the fact is people do lot's of things that don't make sense for themselves, i/e smoking.

At some point you have to give the people what they want....I'ts the american way. Otherwise we are left behind.

An update on TROPHY quality:

It's harder to find numbers than I thought without forking out $50 to join Boone and Crockett. I found a series of articles on the 27th B&C book that listed "new" entries from 2007-2009. Her is the list.

1. Colorado: 120 All I can say is DAMN. #1 all-time, bit time too.

2. Idaho: 31 Second all time as well, by a large margin.

3. Wyoming: 26 A tie

4. New Mexico: 26 18 from Arriba County, Jicarilla Reservation

5. Utah: 22 based on MM chatter you would think they are #1

6. Ariz: 20

7. Montana: 13

8. Nevada: 13 Many post here that they have the best draw system.

I agree this may not reflect the average opportunity in OTC hunts for say 150" vs 170" deer, but it shows that recently and over time we have better genetics than our neighbors. Big deer live here and as of now, anyone can hunt here any year. Which of the above 7 other states can you go hunt in a large portion of the state last minute.

All hail Colo though.

Even if it is legal to kill a wolf with a general deer tag. Why wouldn't you just pay $35 for wolf tag to carry with you and keep your $300 deer tag for deer?

I just did some quick math.

IDFG is currently $8,875,010 short on Non-Resident tag sales. That is a lot of money out of Idaho wildlife's proverbial pocket.

Certainly, some of that shortage will be picked up in the next weeks by non-residents as well as residents buying second tags.

But how many resident deer/elk tags are sold every year? How much will IDFG have to increase Resident Fees to make up the difference if things don't turn around with NR? It might be more than most Residents think.

And that money only provides the same funding IDFG has enjoyed in the past. Which is either used poorly or is insufficient to maintain quality herds.

I enjoy hunting in Idaho and have bought a tag for myself and my wife for the last 7 years (do the math on how much money we have contributed to Idaho wildlife in that time; probably over $6,000). We have combined to only take one buck EVER in Idaho.

We should be the type of hunters that Residents want. We provide the bulk of the funding and take few animals. We rarely run into other hunters in the field, but we have always been treated politely when we do (even though we are in SE Idaho which seems to be quite hostile to Utah hunters).

It just makes me upset to see something as great as Idaho's hunting tradition be managed so poorly. And I don't say this to cast stones (Utah isn't doing much better). I say this because I truly enjoy what Idaho has to offer and I hope IDFG can fix it. I want to be able to hunt in Idaho for a long time. I'm just worried about the path we are on right now.

Grizzly

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-12 AT 03:33PM (MST)[p]>
>I enjoy hunting in Idaho and
>have bought a tag for
>myself and my wife for
>the last 7 years (do
>the math on how much
>money we have contributed to
>Idaho wildlife in that time;
>probably over $6,000). We
>have combined to only take
>one buck EVER in Idaho.
>
>Grizzly

Grizzly,

To say you have only taken one deer for your $6000 investment seems a little misleading. I too have not killed deer in some years, by choice. Most recent years I have passed many small bucks, but would usually tag any buck in the last week that is a mature 4x4. In general there isn't a day I can't kill a 2pt, there isn't a 2-day period I can't find a 3pt, and I say there isn't a season I can't tag something with 4pt's on one side. I feel comfortable saying I can do this in units 32, 32a, 39, or 73 for mule deer and for sure in the only unit I whitetail hunt 10a. Last year alone, taking my 3 son's hunting (1)mule deer and (2)whitetails over 6 total days(I had a Controlled Tag), I helped them look over at least 40 legal bucks. PS I'm no Chuck Adams.

What is your standard? What do you think it should be for an OTC tag that anyone can participate in every year? How much better is any other state with similar opportunity? How much less expensive are these other states with better opportunity?

We appreciate you coming to Idaho, we appreciate your funding, we all hope to improve in many ways going forward, so please help explain what it is that's so much better elsewhere? Compare to Utah, for example.

Brian

You could be right in that aspect, but it is what the NR want obviously. (look at the NR deer tag sales this year, pitiful) But what if we don't do it? What's gonna happen next year? They sell 30 NR deer tags? THAT SERVES YOU AND ME REAL WELL!

I think that it would benefit in that TONS of non-residents would want to get in on the ground floor of our system with the first batch of points so that it would give them hope of hunting (40, 44, 45 etc) even if that is false hope haha.

Our F&G could REALLY use the extra spike in revenue now, more than ever, regarding the direction our herds and non-residents are heading.

And as far as raising resident tag fees a little, I wouldn't care if they doubled it after reading BPK's B&C data. That's something we all take for granted, $40 to have a CHANCE at shooting a 180" deer EVERY YEAR? You'll wait years and spend $$$$ for that chance in other states. That's something that I know i take for granted. Everyone will #####, but they WILL pay it, I guarantee it.

That's what i thought. A person should buy one if they're even gonna drive through Idaho.

Brian, sorry if my statement was confusing.

I didn't point out my $6,000 investment for one taken deer as a reflection on idaho hunting quality, as I pass many good bucks each year. Otherwise I would quit paying the money. My point is that NR hunters like myself are good for idaho wildlife and not all of us are bad as some believe. We infuse a lot of funding and take very little of the resource.

I enjoy hunting idaho for the open space and lack of people in the backcountry, I just hate to have witnessed the decline in the herd that I have seen over the past decade.

I feel like I do my part, as I know many others do as well. I truly want idaho to return to the hunting paradise it once was and can be again.

Grizzly

>Brian, sorry if my statement was
>confusing.
>
>I didn't point out my $6,000
>investment for one taken deer
>as a reflection on idaho
>hunting quality, as I pass
>many good bucks each year.
>Otherwise I would quit paying
>the money. My point is
>that NR hunters like myself
>are good for idaho wildlife
>and not all of us
>are bad as some believe.
>We infuse a lot of
>funding and take very little
>of the resource.
>
>I enjoy hunting idaho for the
>open space and lack of
>people in the backcountry, I
>just hate to have witnessed
>the decline in the herd
>that I have seen over
>the past decade.
>
>I feel like I do my
>part, as I know many
>others do as well. I
>truly want idaho to return
>to the hunting paradise it
>once was and can be
>again.
>
>Grizzly

Then we agree it seems, but I would be cautious on basing current or future expectations on conditions of the past, anywhere as some things have changed forever. I think we agree things can and should be done to improve from where we are though.

Brian

500 dollars is too much for a deer tag considering the quality. Obviously many others agree. Have the price of the Non res license at 75 dollars. Have the deer tag 275-300 dollars. This would bring some non res back. Be agressive with predators control.

I have a 5,000 acre private ranch and ranch house to hunt from in unit 76. It's still not worth the money considering the quality.

Hope better times in the future.

Bring in a Coyote and get a tag. Bring in Wolf, get two. Bring in a Mountain Lion, get as many as they do in a year.

I am one of the other few to get a NR OTC tag this year. This is actually my first time to hunt in Idaho. Certainly in part that I had no luck with draws. No controlled hunts, no Nevada, or Wyoming. I am one that just enjoys the hunt, and looks for more opportunity. Don?t really care if it is a wallhanger every time. I also finally had the personal epiphany that I should go to the land of my ?Fathers?. My dad moved to Utah when he was 18, but Idaho was always home. I have a deep heritage on both sides of my family from Idaho, and one side of my wife?s family.

I am certainly far from wealthy, but the $500 bucks is not that big a deal. That is only a month of truck payment, we all drop a lot more than that into gear every year. I see guys drop that on one Jazz game.

My frustration has been getting any tidbit of advice or encouragement to hunt Idaho, including in this forum. No response at all. I even had difficulty getting info from the IDFW, until I dug in and found the Director of the southeast region email. He had an employee get back to me.

My point, if you really think NR $ are important you can begin right here. Too many guys beat up someone looking for a little advice or encouragement. I will be there in October spending some more money, and glad to do it.

lone_hunter, ive seen what your talking about when guys beat someone up for asking questions. I always thought that was a big part of this site. I would be willing to help you anyway possible just send me a PM and ill do what I can. Also thank you for contributing your share to hunt here. Its great to be able to hunt every year and nice to see you take advantage of it. Good luck this season.

I am a non res and I hate the idea of points, there must be other ways to bring back the herd numbers and revenue.

ID has great Mule Deer and Whitetail genetics.
I think the whitetail hunting is WAY UNDER MARKETED. You guys have some true giants that many hunters would love to hunt. Selling more NR deer tags to trophy whitetail hunters would bring in some more revenue to IDFG and more to the Northern economy while at the same time take some pressure off the Mule Deer by possibly cutting some general tags.

Killing some Wolves will definately help all the animals in ID. I would make it Mandatory for NR's to buy a Wolf tag in order to hunt ID. This way you are not raising tag and Lisence fees (per say) you are selling a chance at another game animal ( I use that term loosely here).

These last few years with diminished Non res tags being sold are actually helping your herds although not IDFG's revenue.I believe with the reduction of Wolves and fewer Non Res deer hunters that the herds will bounce back with some descent winter weather. As soon as that happens the NR's will be back in force.
Just my opinion and quick thoughts

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom