NR Points for Gen Elk

With all the 90/10 talk, how many pts. do you think will it take to draw NR regular general elk tag?

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 13 30.2%

Votes: 5 11.6%

Votes: 10 23.3%

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • 6+

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

Zim

Very Active Member
Forgive me if this has been discussed a thousand times but I’ve not been active on the forums much lately. Just curious what the consensus might be. My group is discussing point sharing options. Thanks.

My guess is 4.5 guarantees the general in the regular draw. There were 546 unsuccessful applicants in the regular general last year that had roughly 3.5 with roughly 6,000 applicants behind them that were unsuccessful. With only +/- 850 tags, some will draw with 4 points but it will be far from a guarantee. On top of those from last year, we will probably see a couple hundred point burners so 4points may be less than 10% draw in the regular.

Correct. Higher priced special is though and people are speculating about changes in several western states. Anxiety is high with point holders. Some will be jumping...
I’m a certified jumper.

I guess the sky is falling?
What’s your definition of sky is falling? Bottom line is the writing is on the wall for yet another NR point devaluation scheme. It’s certainly no big secret. Just the same bait-n-switch business as usual. I have no interest in being left holding the bag yet again. Hell, I’m in no man’s land anyway. Was never gonna get 38 again. That’s for sure.

Last edited:
I guess the sky is falling?
Not at all but it will become progressively harder to draw tags... just like it has over the last 10-20 years. We are all part of "the problem " if you want to call it that. Simple supply, demand, and business decisions based on that. Cherish those hunts and make the most of them when you get the chance to hunt out of state.

Just had a fellow employee suddenly pass away Thursday. Same age as me 63. That’s another good reason.

Just had a fellow employee suddenly pass away Thursday. Same age as me 63. That’s another good reason.
I have given thought to this as I get older. I really enjoy the anticipation and planning so I have zero stress about missing out. I think the thing we should all be afraid of is having nothing to look forward to.

I’m looking forward to having something to look forward to after this year’s WY elk draw results are posted, lol.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom