NRA files for Bankruptcy

Hopefully they use the bankruptcy to re-structure and screw old Wayne out of a good portion of his retirement funds and get rid of that shyster lawyer.
RELH

Buzz just because you live in Wyoming won’t keep The gun Czar Beto from knocking on your door
You really think Wayne will sacrifice a penny of his retirement or salary to save the NRA?

Like I said, dream on.

You think Wayne has a say in the matter?
100% he does...

Well that is unless you honestly think all the other NRA staff are just super nice to freeze their salaries/benefits just so Wayne could keep his, and get an increase.

No, he's totally powerless in feathering his own nest....

LaPierre received a base salary of $1.3 million, plus a bonus of $455,000 and “other reportable compensation” of more than $427,000, the filings show. LaPierre also received an additional $73,793 in “retirement and other deferred compensation” and “nontaxable benefits” from the NRA and related entities, according to the filings, which the NRA provided to The Washington Post on Friday.

LaPierre’s pay increase comes at a time when the gun group has been under pressure to explain large payments to top executives, even as it has cut spending on firearms training and political activities and frozen pension benefits for employees.

Last edited:
Like I said, Wayne was and is a shyster lawyer that they allowed to have too much control. A lot of the board members were bullshitted by Wayne making them believe he was the best CEO money could buy. Many of the past board members were people who earned their fame as being shooters and had no business sense and Wayne groomed them to a tee to support him.
Hopefully that is ending now and wayne is given the boot into retirement and the board learn from this experience.
I still support the NRA, not Wayne, as they have been a great help in CA. in slowing down the anti gun laws our liberal government is trying to pass.
One reason the CA. Rifle & Pistol Assc. connected with the NRA because the NRA has the big guns and attorneys that know how to fight for second amendment rights.
RELH

I hope the NRA is reborn to be the organization they once were. They are now too embedded with the oil and mining industries, which of course have no relation to firearms except that the oil industry is the largest non-firearm donor to the NRA. Couple that with the fact that they've become a partisan lobby organization rather than a bipartisan gun-rights group and I feel they've lost their way.

The WLP debacle is just a cherry on top of an organization in shambles. When Oliver North is your whistleblower and the group still stands with WLP, you know the problems are deeply rooted.

The NRA's relationship with Harry Reid kept gun control at bay during the Obama years. Oh, how I wish they had similar relationships with Democratic members of Congress today. Committing itself to one party is short-sighted and could prove to be very painful. I'd feel much better about our chances for the next several years if they'd nurtured some of those relationships and been involved in DNC Primaries in gun-friendly states in the west as well as the midwest and West Virginia southward.

The NRA painted themselves in a bad corner. I hope they can claw their way out, we need the honorable NRA back.

I saw this information on another forum I use. I did not research it and have no idea if it is true facts. I hope it is about the leadership change.
RELH

It's "chapter 11" so reorganization, not dissolution. As noted by True Grit they plan on reincorporating as a non-profit in Texas. No word on who will run the new NRA, but traditionally courts require major leadership changes.

Here's the biggest issue i have with you BHA guys. I watch your page. Why the f*#' would you degrade another conservation group like DU or RMEF or NRA? What do you gain by it? BHA has the geartest conservation concept of anyone. But they pigioened holed themselves for some reason. Grab the farmers and ranchers, grab the mineral extractors. Can you begin to imagine how strong that group would be? They could move mountains! F#'%$ we all want the same thing! But we can't have that without multiple use. Why is that such a hard concept? Grizz? Hoss? Buzz? I know you guys want the same thing I do! I've followed you guys long enough to know that much. Why bang on other organizations that want the same things we do? I just don't get it.......it fuels my hate for BHA......
I left BHA for the same reason I left NRA. They both got away from their stated purpose and into lobbying for energy companies (one was wind, the other was oil, but neither was appropriate) and they wouldn't meet thresholds of financial transparency that I expect of somebody asking for my money. BHA didn't release financial numbers so we'd know money was well-spent; and we KNOW the NRA was misusing their funds.

If somebody wants my money, they better show me they're using it wisely and for the purpose they told me they're going to use it. That's a pretty easy ask.

Good luck with harboring all that "hate" that you've got fueled up. That sounds like a lot of fun.

I hope the NRA is reborn to be the organization they once were. They are now too embedded with the oil and mining industries, which of course have no relation to firearms except that the oil industry is the largest non-firearm donor to the NRA. Couple that with the fact that they've become a partisan lobby organization rather than a bipartisan gun-rights group and I feel they've lost their way.

The WLP debacle is just a cherry on top of an organization in shambles. When Oliver North is your whistleblower and the group still stands with WLP, you know the problems are deeply rooted.

The NRA's relationship with Harry Reid kept gun control at bay during the Obama years. Oh, how I wish they had similar relationships with Democratic members of Congress today. Committing itself to one party is short-sighted and could prove to be very painful. I'd feel much better about our chances for the next several years if they'd nurtured some of those relationships and been involved in DNC Primaries in gun-friendly states in the west as well as the midwest and West Virginia southward.

The NRA painted themselves in a bad corner. I hope they can claw their way out, we need the honorable NRA back.
They should line up a meeting with the "squad" now :ROFLMAO:. It's a different democrat party now, they are no friend to gun owners.

They should line up a meeting with the "squad" now :ROFLMAO:. It's a different democrat party now, they are no friend to gun owners.
Times like these, when the Senate is 50/50, is the exact time when NRA having alliances with people like Manchin and Tester is so important. One vote can make all the difference.

The next two years won't be decided on the fringes, it'll be decided by the moderates. One or two swing votes is all it will take in the Senate; people like those I listed above and Romney and Murkowski hold the power.

The House is the closest split since WWII so it only takes a handful of defectors there to stop bills from passing.

As I said earlier, the NRA was short-sighted to lose sight of their objective and become a partisan organization.

I just wish they would save the letter and stamp that they send me each month to re up my magazine, WHILE it still has 3 years left on it.

There are plenty of gun pro Democrats

Yes there may be, but will they stand up and go against their party platform. Remember that woman member of Congress from Louisiana that went against Obama on the pipeline because she wanted those 50,000 jobs for her people.
The Democrat party deserted her and would not fund her next election and she lost.
RELH

Here's the biggest issue i have with you BHA guys. I watch your page. Why the f*#' would you degrade another conservation group like DU or RMEF or NRA? What do you gain by it? BHA has the geartest conservation concept of anyone. But they pigioened holed themselves for some reason. Grab the farmers and ranchers, grab the mineral extractors. Can you begin to imagine how strong that group would be? They could move mountains! F#'%$ we all want the same thing! But we can't have that without multiple use. Why is that such a hard concept? Grizz? Hoss? Buzz? I know you guys want the same thing I do! I've followed you guys long enough to know that much. Why bang on other organizations that want the same things we do? I just don't get it.......it fuels my hate for BHA......

If you follow me then you know i left BHA. Same reasons Grizz stated.

The NRA ISNT a conservation group. In fact im not real sure what they are anymore. And I was a member for over a decade.

Seemed like they just wanted to pick fights. And pay lawyers. At a time when manufacturers moved out of lib states, NRA sat in NY for god only knows what reason.

I only bash on one "conservation" group. $FW. Mostly for $$$reasons, but also because I really dont want what they want.

But. With the new admin, your hate for BHA might be misplaced. Like it or not they have reached out to non traditional outdoors folks far better than any other org. Hopefully that shows results.

"No major changes are expected to the NRA's operations or workforce."

'nuff said

5E1C6A01-FE17-406C-9E6E-974219BDBB59.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom