Nugent concert

map1

Saw Nugent in concert this weekend in suburban Detroit. I haven't seen him since 1989 and wasn't expecting much but was TOTALLY blown away. The dude at 65 years old (and his band) can still crank it out. Derrick St. Holmes, his original co lead singer was with him and can still hit the notes, though Ted was never the greatest singer. He pretty much played all his old hits plus Fred Bear.

Like his politics or not, it's a joke he's not in the rock n roll hall of fame.

I loved his music when I wasn't such an old coot, but I gotta ask...am I the only one that thinks he does more harm than good to the cause of hunting? If our sport hinges on the education and tolerance of the non-hunting public, then doesn't he offend more than he recruits to our side? He is awfully popular at NRA and other conventions...what am I missing?

Because, no matter how he puts it out there, Ted is 100% 2nd Amendment, and he simply does not care what ANYBODY thinks of the messenger.

No human on the planet gets the 2nd Amendment more "air time" than "Uncle Ted".

The people that don't support it, are not going to be any more against it because of Ted, and the people that think he is "looney tunes" are still getting the "message".

You can say what you want about him being "a bad example" of hunters, and maybe by YOUR standards he is, but in his case, "the end justifies the means".

Sort of like the book, "Keith Richards Beauty Secrets"......you probably ain't buying it, but you are damn sure gonna be curious about the content.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

I'd Like to see Uncle Ted & Obama go at over Gun Rights!

Obama wouldn't get a Word in Sideways!

Not that I'd wanna see it!

but does He still Bop around in His Buffalo Briefs?

8078cougar.jpg

Got to give it to uncle Ted, he stands up for whats right. Better than listening to U2 going on about his politics

I think he is in the top ten for greatest guitar solos. Something I just heard on the radio.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-13 AT 09:51PM (MST)[p]I saw Ted in concert in 1983 with about 2000 other people. Imagine the promoter lost his azz on that one. That was back when he was into his alpha male crap and his career was in the toilet. Wouldn't pay 50 cents to see him now...

He may stand up for the 2nd amendment but saying he stands up for what is right is incorrect. He avoided the draft by shitting himself before he appeared in front of the draft board. He has 8 children by 5 different women I believe over half illegitimate. He refused to pay child support for years as the women went on ADC to support his children. He has been investigated as a pedophile Courtney Love when she was 12 years old, never proven. That and his recent irrational rants on race related to the Zimmerman case. Yes the jury did get it correct. When was his last hit? before many on this site were born. You guys want this tool to represent you as gun owners and believers of the 2nd amendment couldn't choose a worse person to support gun owners.

Not only that you payed to go to a concert given by a guy who admits to having significant hearing loss, not that it matters much with his ability. Just my opinion not yours but that's what it is.

>He may stand up for the
>2nd amendment but saying he
>stands up for what is
>right is incorrect. He
>avoided the draft by shitting
>himself before he appeared in
>front of the draft board.
> He has 8 children
>by 5 different women I
>believe over half illegitimate.
> He refused to pay
>child support for years as
>the women went on ADC
>to support his children.
>He has been investigated as
>a pedophile Courtney Love when
>she was 12 years old,
>never proven. That and
>his recent irrational rants on
>race related to the Zimmerman
>case. Yes the jury
>did get it correct.
>When was his last hit?
>before many on this site
>were born. You guys
>want this tool to represent
>you as gun owners and
>believers of the 2nd amendment
>couldn't choose a worse person
>to support gun owners.
>
>Not only that you payed to
>go to a concert given
>by a guy who admits
>to having significant hearing loss,
> not that it matters
>much with his ability.
>Just my opinion not yours
>but that's what it is.
>
Get over it! you voted for Obama not once but twice.

264mag Yes I did. I have mentioned it frequently. Please explain to me in that 13 year old mind of yours how that relates to Nugent as a representative for gun rights

I saw Ted Nugent at the Sweetwater County Fair in 2004. The guy rocked! He got that Wyoming crowd so pumped up I could count how many teath were missing in some of there mouths! Best show I have seen-ever.

If you voted for Obama you should be stripped of your gun rights..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

BuckSnort I doubt if you believe that statement. If you do it is a typical problem we have with democrat or republican party. Both parties seem to feel if you don't agree with my side we'll take away your constitutional rights.

It is amazing to me how a few of you manage to steer everything toward your hatred of Obama. The president is only one party at issue in The Republic. We should help Founder and the mods out and keep political talk on the political forum.

>He may stand up for the
>2nd amendment but saying he
>stands up for what is
>right is incorrect. He
>avoided the draft by shitting
>himself before he appeared in
>front of the draft board.
> He has 8 children
>by 5 different women I
>believe over half illegitimate.
> He refused to pay
>child support for years as
>the women went on ADC
>to support his children.
>He has been investigated as
>a pedophile Courtney Love when
>she was 12 years old,
>never proven. That and
>his recent irrational rants on
>race related to the Zimmerman
>case. Yes the jury
>did get it correct.
>When was his last hit?
>before many on this site
>were born. You guys
>want this tool to represent
>you as gun owners and
>believers of the 2nd amendment
>couldn't choose a worse person
>to support gun owners.
>
>Not only that you payed to
>go to a concert given
>by a guy who admits
>to having significant hearing loss,
> not that it matters
>much with his ability.
>Just my opinion not yours
>but that's what it is.
>
This slanderous post belongs to the National Enquier

>Can't believe I'm on a forum
>where someone voted for Obama....twice.
> WTF.

Twice... Really? Why?...... Never mind.

That there is the riddle of the millennium.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-13 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]This is my LAST SHOT column for AZ Hunter & Angler, written back in the late 1980s.

THE LAST SHOT

[h2]THE MOTOR CITY MADMAN[/h2]

Copyright by Tony Mandile

The stage was set -- literally.

A few friends and I had just sat through more than hour of throbbing rock music put forth by the English group known as Bad Company. For an old dude like me with a taste for Barbra Streisand or Whitney Houston, sitting there on the grass of the Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix and listening to hard rock amounted to an anomaly. In this case, my real motive for bearing it had little to do with the music.

The stage curtains had been closed for 15 minutes or so after Bad Company's performance. Now the only sound was the combined buzz from several thousand spectators melting into one indistinguishable voice. I could handle the noise from the murmuring crowd quite easily because it didn't vibrate my insides and produce a decibel level to push the needle off the scale. The welcome change from Bad Company suddenly ended, though

The huge speakers came alive again with the raucous beat of drums and high-pitch twangs of electric guitars. As the curtains parted, a stage filled with smoke appeared amid banks of multi- colored, rapidly blinking spotlights. The rising, ever shifting smoke, tinted by colorful lighting, provided a constantly changing surrealistic scene. Then from the stage's dark recesses sprang the man known as the Motor City Madman.

The Madman's long hair, reaching well below his wide shoulders, bounced around to the beat of his body contortions. The din from the amplified drums and guitars grew louder and louder now, though not quite loud enough to drown out the welcoming cheers from the crowd when it recognized the words of Cat Scratch Fever, the Madman's trademark song. Minutes later, Ted Nugent stepped to the microphone, and in a rapidly paced, jivey way, told everyone how glad he was to be with his bloodbrothers.

I sat mesmerized, knowing I had just witnessed a metamorphosis of sorts -- a Clark Kent trip into a phone booth, so to speak.

Two hours earlier, I had spent a 1/2-hr. talking one-on-one to the 46-yr.-old Nugent in the quiet of his dressing room. He wore jeans, a sleeveless camo shirt and a camo baseball hat. His long, flowing hair, confined into a ponytail by a rubber band, remained relatively still as we discussed hunting, the animal-rights crowd and the battle to save our 2nd Amendment rights. In fact, the chat with Nugent seemed no different than one I would have with my next-door neighbor. But now, as I watched the transformation from hunter, father and outspoken critic of those who endanger America's hunting and shooting traditions, I got the feeling I was seeing someone else. I visited Nugent after the show and mentioned my astonishment at the ease he switched personalities.

Nugent laughed. "It's like a welder who comes home, takes a shower and puts on a suit and tie. He's no longer a welder once he punches out from his job and dressed in a different costume. When I'm on stage, I'm a rock star -- the Motor City Madman, if you will."

Although Nugent can adopt the persona of two different people, his view of life is always the same. Most importantly, he eschews the misuse of drugs and booze. It's a potent message coming from a rocker who has been in the business for 30 years. He also has a devout love for the outdoors and a well-honed understanding of wildlife and the environment. Most importantly, Nugent defends hunting and firearms with a zeal few can match. He isn't afraid to make his views known, regardless of his audience and whether it agrees with him or not.

I asked Nugent if he didn't often let this enthusiasm go too far, especially when it comes to some of his most outrageous comments or his dialogue that's often laced with four-letter words.

"There's a reason for it. When I'm outrageous and crass, it creates controversy, and that controversy focuses attention on me. In the last two days, I've been interviewed on six radio and two TV stations in LA and here. You don't see the NRA or hunting organizations getting that kind of airtime. Yet in every case, I was able to get the word out. No matter what words I use, though, no one can ever accuse me of speaking an untruth and not saying something from the heart, stuff I truly believe in. The important thing is people hear what I have to say. And as Ted Nugent, the rocker, I reach an audience that no one else can -- the youth of this country. To do that, I need to speak their language.

"When I defend hunting, I do it because I know it's a wholesome activity. When I speak against the animal-rights whackos, I do it because their beliefs are garbage and have no factual basis in reality. They are the extreme fringe. No free-thinking, intelligent person should accept what they say without researching the facts for themselves.

Nugent gets his word out in other ways, too. Several years ago he formed Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters (soon to be Ted Nugent's American Bloodbrothers). Along with his lovely wife, Shemane, he publishes Ted Nugent Adventure Outdoors, a full-color, straight-hitting magazine. But one of the efforts Nugent is more proud of than anything is his Kamp For Kids program.

Held twice each summer, the "Kamp" is aimed at getting kids off the streets and into the woods. As Nugent puts it, "We want to get them where they belong. The main emphasis is to teach kids about the environment and bowhunting. In doing this, we hope to protect the future of both bowhunting and the youth of America. "

Nugent's admiration for the legendary bowhunter Fred Bear is hard not to notice. After Bear's death, Nugent wrote the song, "Fred Bear." He now refers to it as the American Hunter's Theme Song. Though it rocks and rolls like most of the Motor City Madman's music, the message it conveys is pure and unadulterated; Nugent thought much of the man and what he stood for. And when Nugent changes from the camo of a bowhunter to the gaudy trappings of the rock start and sings "Fred Bear" on-stage, the audience still gets that message loud and clear. And the Madman's Spirit of the Wild is alive.

Of course, some of us older folks just wish it wasn't quite so loud.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom