nuts4bucks... Buck pics........

R

RACKMASTER

he'll have to fill in the story.....A zone I think!
nice deer..

48d9a8da36f424cc.jpg

48d9a90639c0b353.jpg

48d9a93c3cf23649.jpg

48d9a973408256b7.jpg

rm

thank you rack for posting my pics maybe someday i will figure it out sunday evening i took my three girls out to try and fill my a-zone tag we did a little walking around and didnt see much other than a few does and fawns and about 30 turkeys we got back to the truck with about 20 minutes of shooting left and i decided to drive over and check one last spot before we went home when we came over the hill i noticed a doe so i drove up a little further and i seen this buck at about 150 yards i got out of the truck and grabbed my rifle and he took off on a dead run straight away at about 200 yards he turned my first shot missed then my second shot hit home but he turned and run straight down the hill at me i knew he was hit hard so i did not shoot again he ran about 15 yards away from me and my kids then turned and went down the hill to the creek since it was late and the kids had school the next day i decided to come back in the morning and look for him i found him in the creek about 150 yards from the road something had beaten me to him as his right ham was completly gone and he had been drug probably 20yards form where he died kinda spookey when your out there by yourself so i cut him in half and got him out in 2 trips aand got the heck out of there

Nice buck! Congrats on having the kids along too!

I learned something awhile back from my brother and I thought he was full of sh*t but it worked. If you have to leave a buck over night. Take off your sock or underwear or sweaty t-shirt and wipe down his hide from nose to tail and hang the clothes in a tree near it. Also urinated around it. I know I know, I'm gonna get some jokes outta this, but it works. I've used it twice. Once the coyotes came and ate the gut pile entirely that was 15ft away and never touched my buck!!! I was a believer after that.

PS- the only bad part is if some sees you rubbin' your underwear all over your buck they may not think your right in the head!!!

i been sitten here 10 min, at least, laughing out loud! Some posts are just tough to reply to and this last one, is one of them!!

Slayer, ah, good post! just so's i understand. Are you talking about taking your undewares off to wipedown this buck? Do you use the outside or inside of them drawers? i'm guessing that pic of you and your buck in that little meadow was taken before you went for help to pack him out?

Look at it this way too, you rub your underwares all over a buck, pretty good chance that nobody close by is then going to try and claim that buck as theirs!! lol

Joey

Why go to all the trouble of rubbing down the deer?

Simply just leaving your shorts tangled in the rack will pretty much keep anything, or anyone I know, from coming near the deer!

Especially shorts from those of you who forego an extra pair on a 5 day deer camp! "You know who you are!"

I still cannot believe the entertainment value of this site! Priceless!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom