NV 41 antelope scouting

Here's some intel from someone that hopes you have an enjoyable, successful hunt! i was in your position 2 years ago and i was given ifo by members pf this forum. now its my turn to pass it on to you:

West side of Rye Patch Rsvr. in the evening can be good. I remember a cattle guard not far after you cross the dam and get on the main north-south road. There were some good bucks coming down from the hills to the west in that area.

Eureka Mtns...go to the top by old radio tower lots of Lopes up there.
Take the side roads to the south that go toward Rye Patch...lots of goats up top there.

Seven Troughs Range...check every canyon along eastern flank...and again, go up top. (Hunt em like mulies!) couple of real good bucks taken above the old ghost town during my hunt.

I wouldn't waste much time down low in the flats...most of the best bucks I saw we're way up in the high grassy slopes of the ranges mentioned above.

This is a great hunt! I killed an 80" goat that I found on one of my several scouting trips. I even have pics of him from that trip.
If you put your time in, you too can get a GREAT buck.

Good luck!
-HS

HS

Thanks for the info. People on this site have given me some great advice. I have also shared info when I could about NV, WY and CA hunting. Good luck on your future hunts.

HR

highsierra,

Above you mentioned Eureka Mountain....DON'T you mean EUGENE Mountains??

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

HS
Just got back tonight from second scouting trip. Didn't see any on first trip. Saw several tonight outside of Lovelock. Probably going up one more time before season opens. A lot of country to cover. Found a few water sources and spent time on them. Lots of weather this evening. Really windy, rain and lightning.
HR

Not seeing much? Really? Remember what I said... You gotta get up high! You won't see much down low in the flats. It took me a couple of scouting trips to figure it out...but once I did...I had no problem finding them from that point forward. If you really want to see some lopes try the EUGENE Mtns. Get uo into the upper end of Pole Canyon and you should see a bunch. I bet a saw over a hundred one morning up there with several mid to high 70"'s type bucks.

Don't overlook the SEVEN TROUGH RANGE. The canyons between Vernon and Stonehouse Canyon should all have good numbers of goats in and around em. I shot my 80+" buck up on a bench above Burnt Canyon.

Make sure you are doing your looking at first and last light too. Once the sun gets up and the mirage gets goin it's pretty hard to glass.
Good Luck and keep us updated as to what you see.

-HS

I have the same unit. I haven't seen any monsters yet. My buddy shot a nice 16inch out of here last year though. The biologist for this area was very helpful. Good luck!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom