NV 62,64,66-68 Cow Non Resident

Ken S

Hi all, I am new to the forum and appreciate any information folks are willing to share. I am a non-resident living in Las Vegas. My wife is active duty Air Force and I already have a Texas Resident license so I don't qualify for residency. I drew a non-resident Cow Elk tag for 62,64,66-68 for Sep 17 -Oct 04. I've made the trip up there once to do some scouting and the area looks great. Any information anyone is willing to share I really appreciate it.

Should be a fun hunt go out and listen for bugles you will find cows. That’s a lot of money invested so hunt hard look at the independence range you will find a couple out there.

Thanks, I am looking forward to spending the time in the mountains. Success or not it will be fun, from the scouting I have done it is a beautiful area.

I have hunted that hunt and the late cow season. It's not as easy as listening for bugles. The elk are extremely tough to find and to be honest, in the 4 times I've had the tag, I've only killed one cow. And I literally have only seen cows on that one hunt. Now, finding bulls seems to be easier. You can PM me if you like.

Best thing to remember in that unit is the elk are where you find them. Don’t rule out anything. Including endless cheat grass that seems to be a wasteland. They will find where they aren’t bothered by side by sides and ppl. And stay there.

Hi all, I am new to the forum and appreciate any information folks are willing to share. I am a non-resident living in Las Vegas. My wife is active duty Air Force and I already have a Texas Resident license so I don't qualify for residency. I drew a non-resident Cow Elk tag for 62,64,66-68 for Sep 17 -Oct 04. I've made the trip up there once to do some scouting and the area looks great. Any information anyone is willing to share I really appreciate it.
Had quite a few Cow Elk, and bull sightings in and around Red Mountain in 062 last season while hunting deer. Same time frame. There's a burn scar In there they were loving, one herd bull had about 30 cows, few separated ones here and there. Pm me if you want for more exact location.

Had quite a few Cow Elk, and bull sightings in and around Red Mountain in 062 last season while hunting deer. Same time frame. There's a burn scar In there they were loving, one herd bull had about 30 cows, few separated ones here and there. Pm me if you want for more exact location.
Pm sent

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom