O.I.L Moose

heatman

After all summer scouting and frustration, not seeing any bulls, I decided to go and hunt where the cows were, figuring a bull would show up eventually.
My goal was to take a moose with my Hawkin 54 that I made from a kit that my parents gave to me for Christmas when I was 13, the horses were ready, camper loaded and we were off, opening morning we were checking the areas the cows had been all summer, nothing! We found a high point and started glassing, after five minutes my son excitingly pipes up, moose and it's a bull, the bull came right out in the open and stood, I radioed my brother and his boys to get over here quick, I could tell he was a shooter for me, 360 yards I had my rifle and muzzleloader but wasn't wanting to end it that fast, so I stuck to my goal, we watched him walk down along the lakeside, my boys everso wanting me to shoot him, I decided to circle down around and try to get into range, I turned the gopro on and we were off, he just vanished, not wanting to stir him up, I knew he was in the area for one reason, and he wasn't going anywhere.
After lunch my wife and kids, brother his boys headed back, spreading everyone out on lookouts I went back to where I was that morning. Setting and glassing after 3 hours nothing but 3 cows turned up, my wife wanted to head back, she wasn't thinking this was to fun, just setting, we headed back came up on the area where I thought the bull went into that morning and there was a cow and calf in the willows feeding and I caught a glimpse of a white paddle in the pines moving, there he was, he came out with cows and started raking the willows, I turned the gopro on, my wife turned on the iPhone recorder, ranged him at 90 yards, settled down over a rock waited for him to turn broadside, and let the smoke fly! He turned and stood, then trotted a ways then got the wobble knees and I knew I had fulfilled a dream we all want, high fives and hugs, after 19 years of being married that the first time my wife has seen me take a animal, and an awesome one to be on. The rest of the crew was there within minutes of hearing the shot, after many pictures, the work began, light was fading fast. Next morning hauled horses up, dressed him out quartered up, loading the panniers my mare let us set them on and then she decide she wasn't having any of it, after seeing meat flying luckily nobody got hurt, changed packs on horses and on the way back to trucks, all ended good was defiantly a hunt that I will never forget, my family was there to share it with me. Thanks Hun

Looks like some Fun Right there Wayne!

Nice Job!

93waynes_bull.jpg

2794waynes_bull_2.jpg

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

3004waynes_bull_3.jpg

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Great bull and to get it done with the Hawken makes the adventure even better. That is what muzzleloader hunting was intended to be. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

Nice job. Awesome to have your family there to share in the adventure.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Great bull, thanks for sharing! After reading your story, I may have to take me wife hunting and listen to her when she says she is ready to go back to camp!!

FANTASTIC!!!! One of the reasons I still come and check this site now and then is because of posts like this.

Thank you for sharing your story and pictures. That is what hunting is and should be all about!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom