Obama and the French

202typical

Long Time Member
The French are absolutly in love with Obama............as long as he is running in the USA. You see France is not down with the folks of color when it comes to, well, France. Read this exerpt. Friggin typical of liberals.

President of the World
Feeling the love for Obama in Paris.

By Byron York

Editor?s note ? Barack Obama is in Paris today, one day after his huge rally in Berlin. NRO?s Byron York was in Paris last month and saw firsthand a bit of the French love affair with Obama. This column originally appeared last month in The Hill.

Paris ? ?But why wouldn't you vote for Obama??

I'm having lunch with an Obama supporter at La Coupole, the venerable brasserie in Paris?s Montparnasse neighborhood. The woman who asked me that question, along with her fiance, has come to discuss something else, but the talk inevitably comes round to the U.S. presidential race. And the question here, as all across Europe, is:

What reason could there possibly be for Barack Obama not to be the next president of the United States?

Put another way, why would anyone vote for John McCain?

We went round and round without reaching any agreement on much of anything. And then things went downhill a little farther when the talk turned to the subject of Obama and race. She told me that in France there isn't the racial segregation one finds in the United States.

I had to wonder about that. I saw almost no black faces around us in Montparnasse, but the day before, in a part of Montmartre, I saw almost all black faces.

And what about those almost entirely minority suburbs on the outskirts of Paris? Could it be that there are residential divisions of racial, ethnic, and religious groups ? nothing dictated by law, just residential patterns ? in France, too? Is it segregation in the U.S. but something else here?

And what about politics? A recent article in the New York Times discussed how there is ?one black member representing continental France in the National Assembly among 555 members; no continental French senators out of some 300; only a handful of mayors out of some 36,000, and none from the poor Paris suburbs.?

So here in France they are very, very excited about Barack Obama, but have made it somewhat unlikely that an Obama of their own will emerge.

I have a friend in London, very Euro in outlook, who is terrifically frustrated and worried about the election.

His chief concern: the role of Americans. ?It's a pity that Americans are the ones who elect the president,? he says. ?It would be much better if the people of the world voted on the American president.?

And guess who would be elected in such a scenario? Here?s a hint: It's not John McCain.

But alas, our system works differently. We?re going to have a campaign, and then Americans will decide who will be president.

Whether Obama wins or loses, he will still be a hero here in France.

Just as long as he doesn't try to run for office.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

There is a very good reason for the frogs, French, and the Germans preferring Obama to mcCain. It has to do with economics in those countries. How many times have France and Germany bitched in the U.N. about the sanctions we are putting on Iran, N.Korea and other Mid East countries. The reason for this bitching is because they want to do business with these Terr countries. Who was it that built the nuke reactor in Iraq that was blown up by Isreal, it was the French along with equitment from Germany. Both france and germany wants to sell military hardware to Iran and other terr block countries.
France and Germany knows that they have a far better chance with Obama knocking down those trade sanctions and they can do business with those radical countries. also Obama is seen as being more "polictical correct" with them and not telling them to "kiss my butt" as McCain is likely to do under certain circumstances.
France and Germany is no longer a world power as they once were, and they can not adjust to the fact that our country has replaced them as a world power.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom