Obama flip-flops

RELH

Long Time Member
I was watching the news yesterday where they showed that Obama is changing his stance on several issues.
On the Iraq war they showed a clip from one of his speeches that he gave in May 2008. In that speech he stated that if elected at the end of 2008, he would withdraw all the troops and have them home in 2009. Now in his speeches he has backed away from that and has even stated that he may leave the Sec. of Defense in office and would deter to him and the joint commanders on what to do with Iraq and the removal of troops. Of course it is common knowledge that the Sec. of defense and the commanders are for staying the course and only remove the troops as the Iraq forces are able to take over. A complete flip flop on Obama's part in the last 4 months. He needed the stance of ending the Iraq war to gain the Democrat nomination.
On the NAFTA treaty agreement, in May 2008 speech, Obama stated that the treaty was so bad that he felt it will be needed to renegotiate the intire treaty. Now he is backing away from that statement since he no longer needs to use it against Hillary while campaigning against her in the East states where that was a major issue since her husband promoted the NAFTA treaty while president and alot of jobs were lost to Mexico.
I have to hand it to Obama, he will say anything and everything to get elected and it only depends on what he perceives that the crowd wants to hear to curry their favor.
So far McCain has not flip flopped to the extent that Obama is willing to do based on what I have seen and heard from clippings of his speeches. I think these issues are the reason that Obama will not debate head to head at town hall meetings where he and McCain will get pinned down on how they will handle key issues that is important to the voters.

RELH

> Say anything to get elected?
>really? is this your first
>election?

Dude,
That's the political debate equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?"

We are all well aware of the fact that politicians are known more for what they say than what they do, but how about replying with substance...

Such as:

McCain flip-flopped on X, which is similar to Obama on Y...

or

Obama may appear to have changed his stance on these issues, but maybe he has been swayed by sanity...

Give us something, Dude. I'm not a McCain worshipper in any sense of the words, so save the republican loyalist reply.

Respectfully,

DC

DC;
Thanks for your intelligent input. Dude, again it went over your head. Any dimwit is very well aware that any politician will bend on his own moral beliefs in order to gain more votes. McCain is also guilty of that. What the press is pointing out that of the two, Obama does appear to be the bigger con man and possibly a outright lier about where he really stands concerning these two issues. Does it not make you suspect where he really stands on other issues that may be important to you? Is he telling you the truth, or is he conning you and others on these issues also?

RELH

If never changing your mind or changing course was what made a great president then Bush would have a shrine on every street corner in America, now there is a guy who doesn't stray from his path I'll give him that. facts show Bush isn't a great or a popular president so is never changing your position really an asset or a liability?

Obama is drifting to the right to pick up moderates, McCain is drifting to the right to pick up right wing hardliners who don't like him, look at the McCain of 5 years ago and the McCain of today and tell me he hasn't changed.

If you give the people what they want you'll get elected, and in a democracy isn't that the goal? what part of voter satisfaction bothers you? you make it sound like a politian has to take a stand at birth and if he changes he's a liar and a flip flopper. I don't hold any politian at fault for changing with the times, Obama and McCain have both conformed themselves to fit the demands of voters, as they should. being 3rd generation self employed I learned from my grandfather you meet the demands of your customers or you die, politics are no different and they shouldn't be.

I don't know where you came up with that, all I said was Bush is proof a poltian needs to bend a little. If Bush could run for a 3rd term Nader would beat him right now, but I suppose in your mind that means Bush is a success.

"I was watching the news yesterday where they showed that Obama is changing his stance on several issues."

Well, at least we now know he is a politician....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom