OIL draw

andrew12gauge

Now that the app period has closed what did everybody put in for. I put in for sheep in unit 21. Just wanna find out how many of us applied and for what species

Never thought about that! I'm going to put in for Sheep in 21 next year. Just kidding. :)

I put in for Moose, and I can't wait to get my tag in the mail!

I'm hoping I get a tag in the mail too, they should just run the draw day after they are due. No one mails their apps anymore

LAST EDITED ON May-02-14 AT 00:41AM (MST)[p]no beleve it or not the units i have been trying for have been on the "easy" to draw side of things. not unit 27 though. i hunted elk there for 6 years or so . and have heard quite a few horror stories of not finding sheep.

and the last 10 years i have also applied in oregon , nevada , arizona, last 8 in montana. then there was wyoming for 7 years but i gave up there.

some day..........maybe ha ha

>LAST EDITED ON May-02-14
>AT 00:41?AM (MST)

>
>no beleve it or not the
>units i have been trying
>for have been on the
>"easy" to draw side of
>things. not unit 27 though.
>i hunted elk there for
>6 years or so .
>and have heard quite a
>few horror stories of
>not finding sheep.
>
>and the last 10 years i
>have also applied in oregon
>, nevada , arizona, last
>8 in montana. then there
>was wyoming for 7 years
>but i gave up there.
>
>
>some day..........maybe ha ha

With some of you guys that dream of hunting sheep, I'm surprised more people don't look into that Montana OTC tag. I've read that it's probably the hardest tag to fill in the country. But at least you would be sheep hunting.

With the money some of you guys have poured into the trophy species draws all around the west, I would think that many are close to eclipsing that mark for just paying a guide up north somewhere. Less headache, idk.

You know, when I drew sheep/mt goat/moose in three straight years, it took all the fun out of waiting for results :)

I didn't put in for a single Idaho draw this year. Bought a Montana Combo license to hunt w/two sons in MT this years. Knowing it will take a lot of time to scout Idaho and MT and then hunting both states I decided against locking myself into a tight time slot (should I have been lucky enough to draw). We had a great hunt in Idaho last year....lots of elk to play with, so I will be positively hunted out by the end of September...then on to hunt w/grandson for Deer in October in So. Idaho. Back to MT for Deer in Nov. and then.....the drift boat. Best of Luck to all you fellow Idahoan Hunters and Huntresses.

I drew two sheep tags and one goat tag in four years of putting in.

I'm finally putting in for non-oil tags this year for the first time, time to try that.

I'd like to stock up the freezer...

>I drew two sheep tags and
>one goat tag in four
>years of putting in.
>
>I'm finally putting in for non-oil
>tags this year for the
>first time, time to try
>that.
>
>I'd like to stock up the
>freezer...

Broomd,
Do you play the lottery? If not you should. :)

>one goat tag in four
>years of putting in.
>
>tags this year for the
>first time, time to try
>that.
>
>freezer...

You dont have to rub it in Frank. Never did hear how the Rocky hunt went. The F&G have my deposit, just waiting for them to tell to come pick up my sheep tag.

last year it was way late , this year I passed on it, to much stress waiting for the results, expect probly the same this year on time. They need the other lady back . She was much faster.

LAST EDITED ON May-19-14 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]>im thinking a bottle of anti-depressants
>
Thats were the whisky comes in! It works both ways! I can drink to celebrate or drink to drown my sorrows.

BTW last year the odds were up on the 24th and posted results were the 28th. After a year under her belt I'm hoping the new person in charge gets it done a little sooner.

OIL draw results posting date the last 5 years....

Thursday 5/21/2009
Friday 5/21/2010
Monday 5/16/2011
Wednesday 5/16/2012
Thursday 5/23/2103

>one goat tag in four
>years of putting in.
>
>tags this year for the
>first time, time to try
>that.
>
>freezer...

I can beat that. I drew two sheep tags (2010 OR, 2012 WA), a goat tag (2012 ID), and a moose tag (2013 ID) in four years.

Planning to draw ID sheep this year. :)

So are the backdoor results and the draw odds update usually at the same time? Trying to figure the easiest way to check.

>So are the backdoor results and
>the draw odds update usually
>at the same time?
>Trying to figure the easiest
>way to check.

My understanding is that there isn't a backdoor like with deer/elk. The first thing to show is the odds, so the NR will know if they at least have a chance (if a NR tag was issued for the unit they applied). Then shortly after that, sometimes the next day, the actual results are posted.

At least that is how I have understood it from reading past threads, this is my first year in the OIL draw, though.

Grizzly

>I can beat that. I
>drew two sheep tags (2010
>OR, 2012 WA), a goat
>tag (2012 ID), and a
>moose tag (2013 ID) in
>four years.
>
>Planning to draw ID sheep this
>year. :)

whupp, I think I've see the sheep and the goat, how about a pic of the moose? I'm hoping my name comes up for one this year.

Will someone please call and find out whats going on and when our postcards are coming???? All this waiting! I just struck out in Utah , and now I need Idaho to send my refund check :-( or my moosie tag :D

I have been putting in for a Antelope tag in California for 24 years and no tag so I thought I would use my points in Utah to go Antelope hunting.
NO TAG FOR ME, my only chance left is California again and I am waiting............
I did draw a Fishlake General season tag and my son and I went there maybe seven years ago and had a great hunt. Can anyone tell me what it is like now? Any bucks, how about big bucks?

>I have been putting in for
>a Antelope tag in California
>for 24 years and no
>tag so I thought I
>would use my points in
>Utah to go Antelope hunting.
>
>NO TAG FOR ME, my only
>chance left is California again
>and I am waiting............

Why not apply for Idaho Antelope? You have until the end of the month.

In previous years, the OIL just shows available online. Because the tag fee is paid ahead of the draw, the backdoor hasn't worked in the past - I've verified this with tags I've drawn. I believe last year we could call in due to the delay is posting after the draw.

My guess - it'll show available online either Thursday or Friday afternoon.

Waiting for my goat tag...

Thanks Bryan, rub it in about your first hand knowledge of drawing OIL tags.

I'm almost afraid to draw the goat tag now, I just walked up a flight of stairs and I'm winded.

I can't believe nobody has called in to IDFG to find out when they will post and then update us all here.

......hint, hint.

Called the Boise Office and spoke to the licensing department. Said the folks running the draw have been in and out all day today, (not sure where they're going, sounded a little bizarre), said they were finalizing the the last few things. He thought if nothing was posted by tomorrow it would be early next week on the web-site. Then he gave the typical don't worry you'll be notified by June 10.

I guess there's a little hope we'll hear before the holiday.

A friend's friend's husband's sister's daughter-in-law heard they would be out before EOB today. We'll see. I'm guessing they'll post up at 4:47 PM. Good luck y'all!

I think they are tired of fielding calls on this subject. Called earlier to ask if results might be available today the lady I spoke with was very short with me and said no you won't see results until June 10.

My friend called headquarters on walnut street at about 4 oclock,and they were posted but not on the web site yet,he did'nt draw a moose either, good luck..

Drove around back by the MK nature center there are a lot of doors back here which one is "the back door"?

>My friend called headquarters on walnut
>street at about 4 oclock,and
>they were posted but not
>on the web site yet,he
>did'nt draw a moose either,
>good luck..

Really cause when I called about 4:15 is when I got the wicked witch of the west who forgot that hunters pay her salary apparently

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom