OK hunt for 2 points

dang302

Its discgraceful, I know, but I have never killed a mule deer.

I was wondering if there were any units where I could find deer and have a chance of killing a 160 mule deer with only 2 points. I would prefer southern colorado since I am from NM. My family also has a cabin in the pagosa springs area, so something in that region would be great. I am a little slow and can't seem to find draw odds to know what hunts are easier to draw. Its tempting to save points for the next 20 years, but I think I would rather just hunt.

I don't mind not drawing, so it does not have to be something guaranteed. I just figure while I am accumulating preference points I might as well have a chance at a tag too.

I only bow hunt when I have to and am a gun nut (have too many to be any good with any one of them)...but I would prefer a rifle tag.

I know drawing anything anymore is tough, so this possibility might not exist, but I thought I should ask anyway.

Check out hunt draw odds for Co. on this site. First research some GMUs near Pagosa Springs on Co DOW site under hunting. Archery is easier to draw than rifle. Good luck

Hope you went for it, I would just hunt the units around Pagosa if you have a cabin there. 77/78. You could have had the 3rd season tag there no problem this year. If you didn't apply, but got another point then try for a fourth season next year. You could hunt it every 2nd or 3rd year and really learn the unit. 160 is definitely possible, as is bigger or smaller!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom