OLd, Fat, Spent

Stonefly

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-14 AT 10:31PM (MST)[p] Nothing like 4 days of scouting to remind a guy he is OLD,FAT, and wondering how my pack gets so dang heavy as I hike ,and how the same mountain gets steeper every day. Started each dinner with an ibuprofen, and the coldest pedialyte and water I could find to wash it down with
Couldn't locate the biggest of 2 bucks I had my eye on. Looked for him for 4 hours 2 days and 2 hrs a third. The other buck is still looking good about 24" wide 4X4 and growing, did manage to find 2 more bucks to keep a close eye on in the drainage of the missing buck. both my sons have located other bucks in a canyon about 4 miles from my area. So if I have it in me I will try 1 more scouting trip for Deer before the archery Elk. Then I will be back after the Deer.

Keep at it Stonefly! It will make the victory that much sweeter. I hear ya on the mountains geting steeper. Keep after it, they'll get you in shape better than any rec center program. You guys seeing any good bulls?

Hey Stone!

We just Ain't as Good as We Once were!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Your right there Bess. I watch my boys and grandson go up those steep ridges. they remind me of the energizer bunny. And all I can think of is.. looks like a good resting spot if I can make it 50 yrds to that next tree, LOL. Ya COBUK, There are a lot of good bulls, have saw a few in the 320 range, and a couple that might go higher. Already guides pegging them down. Ill never draw a tag for a Bull there ( Dutton) so I'll go ahead and say that if I were to hunt for a big Bull there, I would look high in the burn scare to the west of Hunt creek.

Hey Stone, thanks for the advice. In your opionion is this summer any dryer or wetter than previous years in there ?

I'm in great shape, the mountains seem to be getting smaller, nothing ever hurts on my 60 year old body, I never miss a shot, I have lots of money and I'm quite attractive!
Would you like to hear any other lies?
Zeke
PS: I feel your pain man!

I have learned over the years to keep my self in shape year round and it sure is easier to accept age and soreness from constant daily routine.

Keep after it and you will be just fine.

Robb

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom