Old Winchester valuation

feddoc

Long Time Member
bGmDItK.jpg

Last edited:
Those are the only pics I have. Bore is dirty, but not a lot of visible rust. Can't see any pitting. Actions are free and smooth, especially for guns over 120 years old.

Metal finish on both is very similar.

Last edited:
There’s not a rifle I like more than the old 1894 long barrel octagon models. Two old men, that mentored my as a 14 year old kid packed them. Best balanced rifles I’ve ever held on a candle flame.

There’s not a rifle I like more than the old 1894 long barrel octagon models. Two old men, that mentored my as a 14 year old kid packed them. Best balanced rifles I’ve ever held on a candle flame.
They are both octagon barrels. The .25-35 has what looks to be a 26" barrel; it is a 1894. The .25-20 is a 1892. Finishes on both need some work. Serial numbers indicate they were made in 1902 and 1904.

They are cool feddoc, thanks for sharing, if I buy breakfast next time maybe you’ll let me point one at Coke can. ?

Nice Classic Winchesters to have. This site will give you an rough idea(look over the sold guns in your calibers), but without knowing more and getting someone to look them over it's hard to say. Condition with older firearms is a driving force on price. Also if they are able to function as intended and still are safe to shoot is another.

I have a model 1890(Dated 1916) handed down to me by my FIL that shoots well and functions properly and graded at about 85%. NFS. I have a few newer Winchesters as well.

Those two you have with the Octagon Barrels are typically more desired.

That’s a good site DH56 posted, I hadn’t seen that before.

I think both of them would be $800 to $1,200. I have a Model 1892 38 WCF. You would hardly ever see these for less than $800. Yours aren’t in excellent condition but appear to be average for 120 year old guns.

Rifles in better condition would sell higher. Saddle ring models and take down models might sell higher.

The television and movie industries used the Model 1892 from the 1950s to the 1970s. They probably use reproductions today.

The TV show The Rifleman where Chuck Conners opened the show fast firing a Winchester was a modified 1892.

John Wayne riding across the meadow with a Colt in one hand a Winchester in the other in the movie True Grit was a modified 1892.

Back in the 1960s you could have bought these for $25.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom