??? ON THIS ONE???

Not claiming to know the whole story but did have a short conversation with a CO about it.
The short of it is. There is more take by the tribe than most know including the DWR. There are signed agreements between the tribe and DWR to observe hunting season dates etc but doesn't seem to carry much weight. Kind of ironic considering the agreements tribes signed back in the day.
One of the leaders of the tribe is on the northern RAC. Would like to know if there is a true and honest accounting of what the tribe harvests.
I think deer and elk would be the least of our worries.
I know if I didn't need to draw or buy a sheep tag I would be sheep hunting every year.

I’m not sure about the circumstances of that particular tribe.
When I lived in Idaho we had the Shoshone Bannock (Sho-Ban) tribe. Their Res. is south west of Pocatello. They were allowed by treaty to hunt on non occupied federal lands and each member was allowed a certain amount of game animals per year. Problem was they would poach a lot of animals on private and then haul ass back into the res with their kills. And the majority of them were trophy hunters not subsistence hunters.

I have to chuckle with a tinge of anger when "subsistence" hunters are have a nicer ride than me. With paper tags in the windows even.

Years ago a guy showed up at the new foundland mts to shoot a ram. He was with an Indian tribe or was part Indian. I can’t remember. I was not there just heard the story from a friend. I think they killed a good ram and the DWR was contacted by them prior to the hunt. The hunter had to buy the tag from the reservation and had to be part Indian. I don’t think this is worse then what guide services are doing. Not a problem to me, they were here first!

They were first is a bit of a silly statement. By that same theory they could just move into your house and say they were here first. Times are different and we need to have wildlife management objectives. To abuse/exploit a system and say it is a cultural tradition doesn't make it right.

Not sure about anything anymore. The times are changing and hunters are slow to do but quick to judge. I would rather see a Native American take few animals then let guide services take more game. I doubt the native Americans are putting tree stands and cameras all over. It just feels more right to me. Right or wrong who knows. I should stop drinking and replying right now. Stay thirsty my friends.

Survival of the fittest...whoever has the biggest club and biggest balls wins all the time.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sure about that? Clovis man is more closely related to early Europeans instead of Asians. Some anthropolical data shows migration from Europe to NE America the same as across the Bearing Straights from Asia...
That's interesting. Can you provide some sort of reference that supports this? Specifically that Clovis man is more closely related to Europeans. I would like to learn more on this and haven't been able to find anything supporting this claim. Thanks!

That's interesting. Can you provide some sort of reference that supports this? Specifically that Clovis man is more closely related to Europeans. I would like to learn more on this and haven't been able to find anything supporting this claim. Thanks!

Here you go. Wasn't that difficult really to find "something" on it, but you can dive into it deeper if you want. My comment doesn't meet conventional wisdom, that's all...

"Hypothesis on Early Euro-Americans"

What other conquered nation on Earth is allowed such privileges? Will they ever assimilate in to modern society, 100, 200, 500 years from now?

I think he was thinking of Kennewick Man....the Indians sh!t down both legs after the discovery...

So?

Anybody know How much erosion of the Teeth would happen 9,000 Years after Death?

And What Good is Carbon Testing/Aging?

Exactly. You don’t get it. Don’t be jealous. Work harder and don’t worry about what others have that you do not have.

No, you don't get it because you don't live near the reservations that I do. Has nothing to do with working hard, but has everything to do with federal subsistence money.

And just so you know has nothing to do with jealousy but everything to do with knowing where tax dollars go they don't contribute to...

I think he was thinking of Kennewick Man....the Indians sh!t down both legs after the discovery...

No, I was referring to the ones I sent the link to. Most southwestern and west coast tribes (Athabaskan) have DNA lineage to Asia. Most NE and east coast tribes (Algonquin) have DNA to the Mesopotamia region.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom