One lucky man

eelgrass

Long Time Member
While camping and asleep in his 4-Runner a tree fell on it, but he lived. I never camp around big trees especially when the wind is blowing.

I think the earthquake we had may have loosened it up.

pinned by tree.jpg

Full story with more photos and video.

Eel could the recent rains we had contributed to that tree falling by saturation of the dirt around the tree roots?
RELH

RELH, rain could be a contributing factor for sure.

We live across the road from a big tract of redwood trees and once in a while when the wind is blowing we'll hear one go down.

DM, camping in the shade is fine. Try to pick a spot with younger healthy trees if possible. Even a falling branch from a big tree can spell disaster.

Miracle! I have seen a few patients over the years, that there must have been divine intervention for some reason. I have also seen fluke accidents, that people died from that you would never have thought they would of.

Widowmakers.

My buddies always give me grief for surveying the standing dead timber at potential camping spots…until a few years ago.

We were packed into Wyoming and had 7 trees come down close to camp in a storm. Tent was fine, but….

One caught our high line and pinned a horse tight and another caught one of the horses across the muzzle pretty good.

This year we had a big tree fall on one of our tents during second season.

Bent the frame and not much more...although, another tree sorta stopped the fall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom