onX Hunt

sagebrush

Very Active Member
Big shout out to the guys at onX Hunt. I got a new chip and it showed a piece of private where I've seen some big bucks in the past was now public. I figured they got it wrong. So I pull up while scouting and there is a work crew installing fence. I asked what's up with the land status and they tell me DOW just bought it and they had the contract to install new fence and tear out the old cross fencing. I called the warden and he said they weren't letting hunters in yet because the boundaries weren't fenced and signed and they didn't want any hunters on the adjacent private by mistake. I explained I had the onX chip showing the boundaries. He said to go ahead and hunt because it is public land, but if I put one foot on private, there was going to be a problem. We were the only people in the tract. Awesome job guys.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

I love OnX to say the least. I have used it far more than I thought I would. It is definitely a game changer and I tell people constantly to get it and they won't regret it.

Is definitely nice when landowners try to kick you off public, they get quiet when you pull out the gps and show them. One guy still argued it and I told him I was done talking to him and if he would like to call the sheriff go ahead, I'll be in here hunting. Never seen or heard another thing.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Is definitely nice when landowners try
>to kick you off public,
>they get quiet when you
>pull out the gps and
>show them. One guy still
>argued it and I told
>him I was done talking
>to him and if he
>would like to call the
>sheriff go ahead, I'll be
>in here hunting. Never seen
>or heard another thing.
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

That's funny because I have had that happen to me on more than one occasion. I have offered to call the game warden since I know them very well in my area and the land owners get in the vehicle and storm off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom