Opener bucks?

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
I did't find anything I wanted to shoot. Anyone stick one??
Little fella
49dscf2004.jpg

Pretty easy but. Two bucks are in the picture.
2107dscf2008.jpg

I was wondering too?

I have a couple guys out on bow buck tags that I helped out with some intel and haven't heard back from them on any harvests.

Hope all is well--

Robb

SWEET!!!!!!!! If you hit reply or post and or new thread right above the Subject is "CLICK HERE to Upload Your Photo(s)" Click it. Hit the Icon. Find your picture. Wait for it to up load. Copy and paste the WHOLE URL code into the "Message" on the thread and your golden. Hit preview to make sure it went then hit post!

Got my Cow elk but struck out on my buck. Plenty chances though. Hunted rubies. Lesson learned dont buy a cheap range finder that doesn't calculate the angles!!! Damnit...

Had such a steep angled shot on a nice heavy 4 point that my rangefinder shot him at 95 yards and I used my 60 yard pin. Lucky son of a gun got a new haircut lol

95 yards... Didn't learn last year? I'm sure your lying to look cool and all, but its having the opposite effect.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-12 AT 06:16PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-12 AT 06:00?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-12 AT 05:57?PM (MST)

Saw a couple good ones but didn't let any arrows fly (unseen deer screwing up stalks)!!! Bowhunting is a game of persistence, we'll give it a shot again next weekend.

343dale.jpg

1718hellhole.jpg

way to go there NVRACKS, way to make us all proud!! If you can't get closer then 95 yards then take up another sport....PLEASE!!!
After last year nobody wants to hear your bs stories, and nobody thinks your a badass!

Elko, they are in Area 10. How's that for a mountain of information. Reminds me of a funny story. I had a fellow bowhunter come to my house after a lucky hunt several years ago. He said, "you know I'm not very familiar with Area 10, would you mind me asking you where that deer came from." I told him it was hanging out west of Secret Peak, east of Secret Creek, in the area of Secret Pass. He stormed out of my garage cussing me out ranting and raving about everything being top frickin secret. I was a wee bit confused and was trying to figure out why he was so ticked off, everything I told him was true.

My group had one smaller buck on the ground by tuesday morning. I had to head back into town yesterday but will be heading back out on friday for 4 days.

We marked an amazing 6x4 on day 1, caught him again on day 3 but never saw him after that. other than that we have blown a few stalks but had an awesome time. we were packing in to Area 16. tons of deer but mostly small, mainly due to a winter fawn kill a few years back from what i understand.

Good job to everyone that harvested and I cant wait to see some more pics!

AA, a while back my brother-in-law killed a buck in Secret Pass and everyone wanted to know where he got it. He just told them, "It's no secret!" Ha ha. fatrooster.

I don't have any kill photo's but I have some pictures of a few small bucks.
Here is a small bachelor group.
003-11.jpg

Here is one of the bucks from that bachelor group.
005-5.jpg

Here is a buck that my buddy went after. He got within 22 yards up above him on a cliff. He was crouched down looking him over and when he stood up to let the buck have it with his bow his knees popped very loudly. The buck heard the popping and got out of there, ha ha.
039-1.jpg

Good luck to all of you early season archery hunters out there. You still have got plenty of time to put one down. fatrooster.

Fatrooster,
I like the look of that last picture, great shape. I never thought my creeking joints might give me away, yikes! I better learn to shoot 50 and 60 yards or I might not have a chance. Chris and I are going back to the mountain in the morning for a couple days, hopefully we'll get some shooting or at least some more spotting scope pics. Good Luck!!

>Had such a steep angled shot
>on a nice heavy 4
>point that my rangefinder shot
>him at 95 yards and
>I used my 60 yard
>pin. Lucky son of a
>gun got a new haircut
>lol

you assholes attempting to stretch bow ranges into rifle ranges piss me off, even long range shooting piss me off. If you cant get closer go home shower try again. If not successful yet GIVE UP HUNTING

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-12 AT 06:16PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-12 AT 06:11?PM (MST)

I had a great weekend Elkohunter, saw lots of deer, had some decent opportunities come my way. I just need to learn how to shoot, shot over a 180" buck at 35 yards, and shot over a decent 4X3 bedded at 50. I'm a little bummed out but we'll give it a go another day. Here's a couple spotting scope pics from the weekend.

8053skyline.jpg

3623claim.jpg

Here's a picture of the 180ish buck I choked on at 35 yards. Very sad day, very sad (poor) archer. The most horrible thing about the whole ordeal is that it was a very physically demanding stalk in 90 degree weather with no wind. It almost killed me (I think) then to miss. AARGH!!!!!

2511big.jpg

AA
Keep it up! Your finding better bucks then I can seem to turn up this year.... I might have a few more days before the season ends. I hope...

i dont have any kill photos but here is a picture of a 4x3 my brother and I spotted. made a stalk on him, but i beleive the sun is what got him up. he didnt know i was there and i was 180 yards from him when he got up starting feeding and walked over the hill, we waited till he walked over then we went over and never seen him again. damm the luck. he would of been a nice buck to get.

31724x3_area_7.jpg

blackcloud_nv

I dont have any kill photos. here is a 3x4 i got close to but not within shooting range. The buck got up started feeding and walked over the hill. Went after him but didnt see him again, some very smart deer.

29674x3_area_7.jpg

blackcloud_nv

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-12 AT 04:57PM (MST)[p]It wasnt 95 yards fool. He was 60 yards. Rangefinder didnt read angles. Lost my good Rangefinder prior to hunt. Which is why I used my 60 pin. Make sense to you?? Might be difficult for you to understand

60 yard shot is not a rifle distance. You must be from back east hunting whitetails on the corn fields edge. That buck was 60 yards away with the angle. Rangefinder read 95 cause the angle and it was to cheap to adjust for it. Lost my good rangefinder. Dont judge when you werent there. Typical as*hole

Well fatrooster i could give you the real story, you already know that, im going to change it up a bit. The name became becuase of the truck i sold you!!!

blackcloud_nv

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom