Opening Day

r270

Hey all you bow hunting fans we all know waht happens saturday morning...opening day, a day I have been waiting for a long time! A year ago last April I was diagnosed with cancer and after 13 months of chemo I am ready to go.....not just to kill an elk.... but to go hunting , to listen to the squirrels smell the smells, take a nap under a pine tree and enjoy the fact that I Get to do somthing that I love to do. I will not mesure my sucess by killing an elk only by the experience.so my word to all out there is enjoy your time in the elk woods every minute in the elk woods and remember sucess is not mesured in inches...good luck to all

I like the way you look at it. Its just as fun walkin around out there as anything, getting a critter is just a bonus. I will probably be up there too hunting with some guys that have archery tags. Maybe we might run into each other. I have to wait til first rifle. Gonna be a muddy mess after last night and todays rain.

You are right r270 sucess is not measured in inches. Its great to be able to enjoy Gods beautiful creation. However I hope Part of your sucess this year includes alot of inches :)

>Hey all you bow hunting fans
>we all know waht happens
>saturday morning...opening day, a day
>I have been waiting for
>a long time! A year
>ago last April I was
>diagnosed with cancer and after
>13 months of chemo I
>am ready to go.....not just
>to kill an elk.... but
>to go hunting , to
>listen to the squirrels
> smell the smells, take
>a nap under a pine
>tree and enjoy the
>fact that I Get to
>do somthing that I love
>to do. I will not
>mesure my sucess by killing
>an elk only by the
>experience.so my word to all
>out there is enjoy your
>time in the elk woods
>every minute in the elk
>woods and remember sucess is
>not mesured in inches...good luck
>to all

Good to see you are still amongst us. And, I share your ideas about hunting. The kill just isn't as important anymore. The smells, the campfires...and the all important naps.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom