Oregon antelope 2011

southendguy

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-11 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-11 AT 03:40?PM (MST)

I posted this on the Oregon board.
I will post a complete story on my blog as soon as I can, but here is the short story.
After waiting 13 years for a tag, I was finally able to go on an antelope hunt again. I went scouting on tuesday before the opener, and was super lucky to be able to spot this guy. After missed opportunities on days 1 and 2, I left him alone for a couple of days. I didn't really expect to find anything else that I would want to shoot, but I did hunt other areas for a couple of days. When I didn't find something else, I went back on day 5.
My brother in law spotted him after a short time that morning, and let me know where to look. I started hiking in the general direction of where he had last been seen, and after 1/2 hour or so, I thought I heard a grunt of an antelope. I stopped and glassed for a quite a while and saw nothing. I convinced myself that it was just my belly growling and walked on, glassing in front of me often. after a short distance, I spotted what at first seemed like a blade of grass glistening in the sunlight. When I looked through my binoculars, my 1st thought was,"what is a nice set of antelope horns doing out here by themselves?" I instantly realized what I was looking at and dropped my binoculars, and brought up my gun. After what seemed like a long time, but was actually probably only a second, he got up, and I shot him. Less than 50 yards.
17 1/8 on the long horn, 16 1/8 on the short side. 85 1/8 gross, 82 4/8 net by my scoring.

2394dscf3127.jpg

5282p1010822.jpg

http://hollowayhuntstories.blogspot.com/

Looks like a dandy! Could you give us some measurements and a story? Thanks for posting.

Congratulations on a real nice Lope buck, please give us a story etc on this hunt of yours.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Nice Buck! Love to hear the story on him!

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

thats heck of goat to be proud of. congrads. he will look darn good on the wall

WOW.. The live shot really shows how big he is. What a toad man!

"You skin grizz?"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom