oregon apps?

oldoregon

Very Active Member
what did all you oregon hunters apply for.

I put in for: Sanke river second season elk (any bull) usually requires 3 or more points, I have zero points.

Imnaha Buck usually takes 2 points, I have zero.

Whitehorse pronghorn, takes about 6 points, I have 1.

looks like alot of bowhunting this summer.

LAST EDITED ON May-16-05 AT 05:02PM (MST)[p]LOL whitehorse Pronghorn with 6 points try more like 10 or 11 OO. that is funny as hell. I needed a good laugh. Thanks alot man. If you draw with 6 you a lucky fellar. I have 7 and will not draw.
Dave

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you would have just as much chance of drawing that permit with zero points as you would with 6 points.

by the way, is there a place on the web you can look these thing up, the only way I know is from talking to people who have drawn the tag.

Old Oregon, yes you can find all the stats on the ODFW web site.

I think how it would work is with 6 points, you would only have 25% of the permits available to you in the drawing, same as somebody with zero points.

OO the one way that i have found with fairly great ceratinty is the Oregon Tag guide. That gives the draw odds with fair certainty. I buy it every year so i know what everyone who i apply for hunts and there odds the odds of drawing a Whitehorse Pronghorn is basically with under 10 or 11 points is .75 x 156 got to Top draw pool or 117 tags leaving 39 tags left over for the general draw with over 3205 people applying for that imparticular tag 3205-117 with 3088 people going after 39 tags so to get the final result 39/3088 or roughly .01262 or 1 and 1/4% so lets just say people who draw that tag without max or with in the top 2 draw pool could have just as easily drawn a sheep tag and there are sheep tags that have better odds then these. and with 160 people with 10 points this year and 272 with 9 and 241 with 8 and 272 with 7 and 281 you are looking at roguhly 8 years before you even hit the top draw pool man so figuire on at least 6 or 7 more years before you draw that tag with certainty.
Dave

LAST EDITED ON May-18-05 AT 07:44AM (MST)[p]I think the Tag Guide is advertised in the big game regs. You can call and order it over the phone with a credit card. I bought it 3 years in a row, and it was a handy source of information, but I've now decided the ODFW website is just as good and it's free. It doesn't give your odds of drawing in a percentage like the TAg Guide does, but if you just look at the numbers you'll be able to figure how many points it takes to guarantee a tag.

An important thing to remember is the tag guide averages the last few years draw odds, so some of their predictions are actually way off. By looking at the odfw web site, you can actually calculate to the exact year when you will draw a tag, given that the same people continue to put in for the tags. the website does give accurate info for res and nonres alike.

good luck

bigbulls

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom