Oregon Big Game Draw Seed Numbers

I can be wrong, but I thought it was 6/2 last year. Sort of fun seeing where your numbers lie. Can’t wait.

E4D479B3-1611-483C-96E8-A679665BCF62.png

I guess I've never looked before the seed numbers were drawn before but there is no application number on the applications yet. when will those be assigned?

Usually the application number is given out after the seed numbers.
Which is confusing to me because they make a big deal of seed numbers being a fair drawing open to the public. ( which is great) but then after then just randomly assign a app number.

Usually the application number is given out after the seed numbers.
Which is confusing to me because they make a big deal of seed numbers being a fair drawing open to the public. ( which is great) but then after then just randomly assign a app number.
As long as they randomly assign me the next number after the seed number I will be happy. ??

Your random app number is issued when you hit the submit button when applying. It can then change if you move out of a party or withdraw and re apply.
They are now showing in your account.

Your random app number is issued when you hit the submit button when applying. It can then change if you move out of a party or withdraw and re apply.
They are now showing in your account.
Then why can’t they show it after you apply ?

Anyone watch to see what the numbers were? If so please post what the numbers of a link to the numbers. I can’t seem to find them.

From someone on IFish
A1593706-9419-4519-BC92-A4F00994F0B3.jpeg

Wish you all luck. Closest I could get was 124,924 from the Mtn Goat seed number. Maybe next year.

Sign into ODFW as if you were buying a tag on the website. After you do, on the left side of the page will be links, one of which is your controlled hunt choices. After you click it your apps for this year will come up and to the right side will be your application number for each hunt. Compare those to the seed # to see where you end up. The closer you are (over the seed not under) the better your odds.

Hope that helps.

Hey there tailchaser…….thanks for the direction. It needs to be done using a laptop, the phone format didn’t work for me. But I found my app #s & compared to the seed numbers posted above……….and………..not even f close!! Ha ha ha…….what abuse!

My application number is roughly 19k above the Rocky Mountain goat seed number and 68k above bighorn sheep. Do I have a decent chance to draw?

9,999,999 / no of apps = spread per app

spread per app * no of tags = maximum range the random number can be above seed number

the above assumes even distribution of random numbers across the applicant pool, and same number of applicants as last year since we use those totals

Last edited:
When you say " above " do you mean they go from the seed number up to select winners ? or does it go up and down just whichever number is the closest ?

My application number is roughly 19k above the Rocky Mountain goat seed number and 68k above bighorn sheep. Do I have a decent chance to draw?

Bighorn I would say no chance. Goat you're in the mix if there's less than 526 applicants or so for that specific hunt. Let us know if you draw!

Did she get the tag?

She actually did not! Last year's winner was 33,xxx over the seed number. Someone was actually 2,411 closer than her. She was 2nd in line. There were only 22 people last year with closer app numbers out of 30,132 1st choice applicants. I figured she had a 99% chance to draw. Crazy! It's all good!

Back
Top Bottom