Oregon family found ALIVE!

I would suspect they survived by living in their motorhome. Doesn't really sound like a wilderness adventure if they had food packed for a trip.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

exactly. they survived by means of being trapped in their rv, which was packed full of food and lots of water. the 2 parents walked out once they learned by watching their tv while stranded that the search was called off. the kids and grandparents stayed with the rv. parents got the rescuers and took them to the rv. good to hear they survived. i guess if you had to slide off the road and be stranded for 2 weeks in winter, being stuck in a big rv is the way to go.

AND THEY USED THEIR SURVIVAL SKILLS TO STAY ALIVE!!!! I'll have to remember my T.V. next time I am tring to stay alive. Don't worry about the cell phone, I HAVE A TV STATION!! But yes it is cool they were found alive. Survive by any means available...

So needless to say that their story won't be featured on "I shouldn't be alive? Looks like they did the right thing - rationed their food and fuel and waited for help and then when they saw on T.V. it wasn't coming, they went for it. Good for them.
ROY

I am from their area, and I think that they should have to foot some of the bill. They only had to walk 6 or 7 miles before they were found, and I think they should have walked out much sooner. A lot of taxpayer money was wasted on the 10 day or so searches with vehicles, snow cats, helicopters...

They didn't decide to do something about their situation untill they saw that the search was being called off on their portable t.v. I would have been backtracking down the road within the first couple of decent weather days, not waiting 17 damn days. God helps them who help themselves.

think i messed up the post sorry if this came through 3 times ,,, anyway saw this on yahoo news , dunno if is true or not ,,,,

>>>>>> Warrants were issued in Snowflake, Ariz., for Elbert and Becky Higginbotham on Wednesday, a day after they and four relatives were rescued in a mountainous region of southern Oregon.

The couple are charged with possession of dangerous drugs for sale and possession of drug paraphernalia, court records show. The records show Elbert Higginbotham is also wanted on a charge of misconduct involving weapons.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom