Oregon Outfitter??

finnman

Has anyone ever used Mike Schaffeld of High Lonesome Hunts? He is based out of the Vale area. I am looking into an early season rifle elk hunt in the Beulah unit. Just seeing if there were any references or recommendations from you guys.

i haven't heard of him, but i'll ask a few guys who might know. one guys is a state cop in john day, not to far from the buelah unit, so he should know something

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-10 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]i dont know him but i personally know one of his guides. if you want i can put you in contact with him. the guide i know is a great hunter and will work his tail off for you and take good care of you. i know they shoot some great bucks.

i dont think you can go wrong if you go with this particular guide.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I know they have always seemed to well on the deer side, and believe they have taken a few auction tag holders for deer. I think they have alot of private gound to hunt as well. JB

Good guy with good guides. They have the best property in the unit for that early Bully Creek Elk tag. I know he is booked years out on that hunt with LOP tags, but maybe you can draw it outright & make a deal??

Thats good to know PMG, Mike told me he was booked up on his private ground, but he also said he was looking at another 37,000 acre ranch for a lease that he said was available this year if he gets it. Any idea on the quality of bulls they are taking???

Thanks!

I hunt the other side of the fence of the ranch he leases,,, most bulls in that neck of the woods are 280-300 range,,, one or two 325 class bulls get taken every year...send me a PM if you want more info on the area,, I guide for another outfitter that might be able to help you out.

I don't know what other property he is referring to, but as far as E.Beulah is concerned a 330" Bull is a giant! It is still a fun hunt, where a decent hunter should gets shots at a 6x6 if he is willing to work at it. I know some other guides/landowners with tags if your shopping?

I am definately open for suggestions on this. My wife can pull the tag, just what to do and who to do it with is the problem!
I would love to see her bag a bull over the 300 mark, she has been applying for the Mt. Emily hunt for years but that hunt just keeps getting farther away every year....

Back
Top Bottom