Oregon Whitetail

robinsg61le

Sorry... Can't give much info on this buck... sworn to secrecy. Just that it is an Oregon archery buck... Any score estimates?

4ada79a04151ac8f.jpg

4ada79d142234d07.jpg

cant give any info on this buck???

95% of all whitetails are on private ground in NE Oregon. This buck is layin in ALFALFA so now its 100% chance its on private ground...not really a secret now is it?!

muleyman

Easy there Muleyman---
He is only the messanger with a nice whitetail.I don't think you even considered answering the original post.
Whitetails have been in the NE Oregon area well over 20 years.
I'm only guessing but I'd say he's 120" to 130" Nice drop on the right side.Nice buck and congats to the hunter.
Don

It's way to big to give up the location. What a second, let me check the pic again, just checking to make sure it's dead. I guess that rules out killing him twice, bummer, I really wanted to have another shot at that guy. Oh ya, it's that alfalfa field, got it.

Just kidding guys. It's a great whitetail. I'll guess 130.

you are right big4...score 115.

I just think its funny when people dont want to give details when "private property" isnt much of giving away anything!

nice deer whom ever killed it!

muleyman

Didn't mean to open up a can of worms on secrecy... just wanted to show some pics a buddy sent me. Unfortunately for this post, my buddy is very protective of all his hunting spots, so I try to respect that.

Incidentally, until this year, I would have agreed that most (if not all) whitetails are found on private land in NE Oregon? At least that's the only place I've ever seen one. Anyways, I jumped a decent whitetail buck this season near Condon, OR. I was shocked and really wanted to harvest it, but I couldn't remember if my tag was for ?antlered mule deer,? or just ?antlered deer.? As it turns out, I could of taken it, but missed my chance? maybe next year. I've hunted in that area for about 20 years now and that's the first whitetail I've ever seen.

I have seen several nice whitetails on public land in NE Oregon. You just have to know where they tend to hang out. Now granted on average they are not as nice as the ones that are on the lower public land but definately respectable. I have 2 close friends that have killed VERY nice whiteys in the last 6 years on public land in NE Oregon.

To answer the question, I would guess this buck to be closer to 140". I shot a public land whitey in MT 2 years ago that is just over 140 and this one looks very much like it (minus the kicker). I am going to try and have muleyman help me and I will post a picture of it later for comparison.

ORultramag sent me these pics of his MT whitetail...VERY NICE buck! tell us the story! I think this buck is atleast 140, but who am I to judge!

muleyman

4ade55df031f2e9f.jpg

4ade561906ff20a0.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-09 AT 09:30PM (MST)[p]My buddy called tonight with the score on the whitetail... 151 in case you were wondering. I assume that is gross.

Hey robinsg61le-

I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't trying to rain on your parade with posting my pics., I just thought the mainframes were similar and I thought I would share for comparison.

ORultramag.

no offence taken at all... I always enjoy a good field estimate prior to finding out the actual score. I'm getting to where I can usually guess a mule deer within 5-10 points gross, though Elk are much tougher for me... If I can get within 15 on an Elk I'm very happy.

Although the field photo does lead one to believe the buck is laying on private ground the fact is that whitetails have been roaming around the Blue Mt's for quite awhile. We saw a very nice 140 - 150 inch whitey this season on public land. Would have been nice if my buck tag had been for that unit.

Back
Top Bottom