Oryx SUCCESS!

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
Well I was fortunate enough to draw an oryx tag and I went to Mcgregor this weekend. I was able to tag this beautiful female that measured 36 and 36.5." I want to thank Mike with Kiowa hunting for helping me on the hunt. I probably wouldn't have tagged this oryx without him. I also want to mention that I know the shot placement looks poor. I shot her at a full run at 50 and 150 yards and then one more after tracking her to finish it quickly. I have an immense respect now for these animal's will to survive. I also want to thank iccyman001 for joining me and helping on the hunt. I'm blessed for this end to an amazing season.

Well done! What are your plans for all of the meat? I'm curious as to how you'll break it down (cuts, burger) since I hope to have the same dilemma in 2 months.

I told the processor to steak as much as possible and burger the rest. It's good enough by itself to not make sausage or anything out of it. I'll probably convert some of my elk ground into sausage now.

It's an Oryx from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail. He made it in the back of your truck and that's really what matters in the end! Congrats on a hell of a year bud!!! You did AWESOME!!!

TRC

one fine looking animal. congrats on getting a good one to boot.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congrats on a beautiful animal. Oryx is some of the best meat on the planet. Try to get as much as you can for roasts and steaks and cube what's left for stews, fajitas, etc. Burgers are excellent too.

That's awesome! I am so jealous. I heard it was some damn good meat. I put in for that tag all the time but so far so bad. You should post a pic of those steaks cooking up so I can drool a little bit. I heard it was better than elk but I've never had it so I can't say. If so...DAYUM!

I can attest that it is better than elk IMO and it's not close.

>That's awesome! I am so
>jealous. I heard it was
>some damn good meat.
>I put in for that
>tag all the time but
>so far so bad. You
>should post a pic of
>those steaks cooking up so
>I can drool a little
>bit. I heard it was
>better than elk but I've
>never had it so I
>can't say. If so...DAYUM!

Yep. I love elk too but oryx blew me away!

>That is mind boggling to me.
>Elk would be my "last
>meal" so to say oryx
>is better. Wow!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom