ORYX ?

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Hey guys...
I gotta go to Alamogordo Friday and was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I MIGHT see an oryx or two to photograph. I have access to a pretty powerful lens so I don't have to find one too close...
Any help would be appreciated.... I have never even seen one and would like some pics if I can get them.

Cookie2,
I'll talk to my wildlife biologist tomorrow to see where she would recommend. If we have to, I might be able to take you onto the Northern portion of Holloman AFB and we can see what's kickin around... It would have to be in the AM, since I have to help clean my hose for a Friday evening Christmas Party (interested in coming?)

DC

Ha... Actually, it is a good old fashioned Christmas Party with absolutely no fear of saying Holidays instead of Christmas. I sent an e-mail to everyone in my office with a background of a classic Raphael nativity painting and told everyone not to bother coming if the word Christmas offended them.

Want to join us?

DC

I would love to, but Utah is a pretty good jaunt!

I was a little worried when you said you needed to clean your hose! Sounded like something kinky! Ha!

Cookie2
It's possible to see them anywhere along US 380 from the top of the hill after you cross the river all the way to Alamogordo.
We have seen them between Claunch and Carrizozzo too.
White sands NP is also a possibility. Or West out of Alamo heading to Las Cruces.
Later
Foghorn

My "U" key is one I have to make sure I "mash" as my 3 & 5 year olds are on my laptop all day long with PB & Js. Of course the "U" just had to be missing in the word, not "of corse". That's the story of my life!

DC

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom