OTC Audad tips!

Jeremiah_1992

This year I just discovered the OTC New Mexico tag and I was looking for some advice on what unit I should focus my efforts on. I live about 5 hours from Alamogordo so I plan to hunt as much as possible. Thanks!

You will get plenty of "chase opportunity" with OTC Barbary. It is certainly possible to kill one on the OTC tag but it will either take some extreme luck or more likely a lot of time and effort. It may even take multiple hunts spread out over several years to get your first OTC Barbary. As long as you go into it with reasonable expectations, you will at least have a great time hiking around.

It sounds awesome to get to hunt them year round you know? Just a good way to go burn a weekend when the hunting offseason kicks in. I just was looking for a good place to start I guess!
Start looking in 28-34 , I don’t have any topo maps on the new mexico Side
73D53776-2806-4AD6-A0CC-C02A5C30E39C.png
4A6F750A-9FE4-4CDB-8FE1-C90935497121.jpeg

28,29,30,&32 are draw units.Eastern half of 34 as well!
NN game department are not helping by having these aoudad as a draw , they are a invasive species that ruin desert bighorn country, mule deer , ect
the state line shouldn’t be contradictory in invasive species

NN game department are not helping by having these aoudad as a draw , they are a invasive species that ruin desert bighorn country, mule deer , ect
the state line shouldn’t be contradictory in invasive species
I’ve heard this before, in my experience they don’t seem to bother the deer so much. We see them together all the time.
I drew 29/30 so we’ll see how the numbers look !

Ive been using ONX scouting out western 34 for a place to start but as always you just gotta go check it out for an idea! Thanks for the tips guys i appreciate it!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom