OTC tag

Azguy1990

Hello everyone,

I have a question I might be overlooking it in the regs, but can I buy a 2022 otc tag this year or do I have to wait until January to buy it.

Thank you

You really can’t buy the actual archery deer tag on line…..you have to either go to an authorized dealer or print an order form from the G&F website and order it.

You really can’t buy the actual archery deer tag on line…..you have to either go to an authorized dealer or print an order form from the G&F website and order it.

It my understanding there was a meeting about this a few weeks ago, and there was a chance some units may go from OTC the Draw. have you heard anything?

thank you

It my understanding there was a meeting about this a few weeks ago, and there was a chance some units may go from OTC the Draw. have you heard anything?

thank you
Some OTC have already went to a draw….and some hunts were eliminated altogether. We’ll see what happens in the future.

Jay Scott just released a podcast regarding the future of OTC seasons. If you support the OTC hunts there is a "call to action" to email AZGFD prior to their December 10th meeting. They are considering options and what may help is for hunters to support mandatory harvest reporting. AZGFD could assign quotas to each unit like with lions and bears. Then maybe next year they can reopen closed units for OTC seasons.

Won't happen. You want them to implement a whole new system to OTC deer only to have to go to a draw in a few years? They won't do the back office work to make that run when we know that we have a very limited resource and an extremely fast growing population of people in AZ. They will leave it as is is my guess, it will all go to draw soon. The threshold option is the worst option. Just wait till all the units close before we even get to good rutting. The days of waiting for a strip/kiabab tag and hunting OTC are over.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom