Otter Creek

greysriver

Hey all anyone know much about this reservoir in terms of camping? Can you get a house trailer down close to the shore for camping?

Haven't been there for a while but I'm sure the campground has not changed. It had a very clean campground with clean restrooms and a nice hot shower. There were a few camping spots close to the water. Look at it on google earth

I was down fishing last Saturday. All of the camp ground spots were full and the over flow camp ground was full. I don’t think you could have shoe horned another motor scouter into the State Park with a gun to your head. Off course…. there a thousands of acres free of dry camping around the lake!

The reservoir is 100% full, that means, the water is so close to the travel trailers in the camp ground you can fish from the kitchen table. I mean that literally. The water is 10 feet from the fire pit.

The gentleman running the park gate said the trollers were catching fish on yellow triple teasers……..

We fished from 5:00 until dark, we trolled with monofilaments, lead core, with brass and orange triple teasers, frog triple teasers, black triple teasers, flashers with Kokanee rigs, brass and orange needle fish, frog needle fish, rainbow rapalas, orange, black, yellow, and frog flatfish, Jake’s Spin a Lures, Berkeley white rubber jigs. Never had a single bite in 3 and half hours. WHO IN HELL BUYS YELLOW TRIPLE TEASERS?

Lol. Thanks! I actually would prefer to camp around the lake and not in the camp ground so it sounds like there are spots to do that! And yea I google earthed it and it looks like a ton of places that drive down to the lake I was just curious if they were good enough roads to take a trailer down to camp next to the lake. Sounds like they are. And not a good sign for fishing! Haha. Units the adventure right? Thanks fellers!

Should have fished at Fish Lake from the shore, DC! We caught 8 in a couple hours. Hope you guys are doing well.

Should have fished at Fish Lake from the shore, DC! We caught 8 in a couple hours. Hope you guys are doing well.
Yep, we should have but…….. Otter Creek is a great fishery too…….. some days day your the Louisville Slugger and some days your the ball!

How was Moab Wiszard, did you have any water falls coming off those red rocks last week?

Ok is there also places to camp around d the lake at fish lake? Like camping on the shore line? Or just camp ground stuff?

Yep, we should have but…….. Otter Creek is a great fishery too…….. some days day your the Louisville Slugger and some days your the ball!

How was Moab Wiszard, did you have any water falls coming off those red rocks last week?
We had a blast in Moab. First time there....it was beautiful. Did a half day trip down the Co River so that was cool. Now in Williams, AZ and will head home tomorrow.....long drive. Should only take us about 10.5 hours pulling the 5th wheel. We'll take our time and be safe.

2 Years ago when we hit Otter Creek, we knocked em dead. That was when there was no limit on trout cuz the water was so low they wanted as many fish out as possible. Took the trout home to my Dad.

I hope you guys are well.....tell your wife we said hello and we missed seeing you guys.

Ok is there also places to camp around d the lake at fish lake? Like camping on the shore line? Or just camp ground stuff?
Not much if any at Fish Lake. On busy week ends I’ve seen over flow north of Joe Bush but I’m not sure the Forest Service allows camping there unless everything else is full. Otherwise no where to camp next to the lake at Fish Lake.

We had a blast in Moab. First time there....it was beautiful. Did a half day trip down the Co River so that was cool. Now in Williams, AZ and will head home tomorrow.....long drive. Should only take us about 10.5 hours pulling the 5th wheel. We'll take our time and be safe.

2 Years ago when we hit Otter Creek, we knocked em dead. That was when there was no limit on trout cuz the water was so low they wanted as many fish out as possible. Took the trout home to my Dad.

I hope you guys are well.....tell your wife we said hello and we missed seeing you guys.
Will do. Yes, sorry our schedule didn’t match up this summer. Thanks Steve, hope to see you this fall. Be safe!

Will do. Yes, sorry our schedule didn’t match up this summer. Thanks Steve, hope to see you this fall. Be safe!
Drew that Goodale/G3 tag so won't be putting in for the elk tag in your neck of the woods. I have 3 hunts planned now so that'll take up my hunting time allotted by the misses! LOL. I am sorry we weren't able to hook up. We drove by the cabin just to make sure it was still intact. Miss you guys.

I was down fishing last Saturday. All of the camp ground spots were full and the over flow camp ground was full. I don’t think you could have shoe horned another motor scouter into the State Park with a gun to your head. Off course…. there a thousands of acres free of dry camping around the lake!

The reservoir is 100% full, that means, the water is so close to the travel trailers in the camp ground you can fish from the kitchen table. I mean that literally. The water is 10 feet from the fire pit.

The gentleman running the park gate said the trollers were catching fish on yellow triple teasers……..

We fished from 5:00 until dark, we trolled with monofilaments, lead core, with brass and orange triple teasers, frog triple teasers, black triple teasers, flashers with Kokanee rigs, brass and orange needle fish, frog needle fish, rainbow rapalas, orange, black, yellow, and frog flatfish, Jake’s Spin a Lures, Berkeley white rubber jigs. Never had a single bite in 3 and half hours. WHO IN HELL BUYS YELLOW TRIPLE TEASERS?
LMMFAO!

The Guy That Was Told By A Fool That That's What They're Hitting!:D

Possibly The Lure That Doesn't Exist!:D

We fished from 5:00 until dark, we trolled with monofilaments, lead core, with brass and orange triple teasers, frog triple teasers, black triple teasers, flashers with Kokanee rigs, brass and orange needle fish, frog needle fish, rainbow rapalas, orange, black, yellow, and frog flatfish, Jake’s Spin a Lures, Berkeley white rubber jigs. Never had a single bite in 3 and half hours.
Pro tip: nightcrawlers on the bottom. We limited in about an hour. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom