Our CO 4th Season Hunt

cosmic_cowboy

Very Active Member
First off I want thank some MM rs that gave me valuable info before the hunt.Buck Buster,Tycon and RMK_800 THANKS ALOT! also NM Paul who had the same hunt and I finally got to meet him and Zack and they are class act...Thanks.

Monday got to CO and set up camp scouted in PM and saw lots of doe and forkies
Tue. Scouted all day and saw over 60 doe but no big bucks.
Wed morning the opener... Glassed up 2 bucks from half a mile and worked to 200 yds but passed on them... both 3 points.PM more of the same several 3 points but no big bucks.
Thurs more of the same lots of deer but no big boys.
Friday my daughter shows up and goes cliff climbing with this old man... find a small 4 point and another 3 point let them go. Mid morning my best buddy and hunting partner John calls and has one down so down the cliff we go to help and OMG hes killed a TOAD.

Sat morning wake up to 4" of new snow... was going to go to a new area that I haven't hunted but decide with the wind and cold weather to stay close to camp. Top out on a ridge I've been on before and peek over and there he is with 6 doe work closer and my hunt is over.

CO deer herd is in great shape I wish NM could get there ##### together and help our deer herd out was hunting about 120 miles from my house and the difference is amazing.

Johns buck Right side goes 93 and didn't really know how to score the shovel on the left but came up with 178 total hes 30" wide
4716davis_post_003.jpg

My buck has weak fronts but is 28 tall and has great backs he scored 172
6119davis_post_010.jpg

1947davis_post_002.jpg

Me and my Daughter
2787davis_post_017.jpg

Camp
27davis_post_043.jpg

Nice job Jack! You guys did your homework and made no telling how many scouting trips. Those are both great bucks and were well earned. Way to make the best of a good tag.
JB

Sounds like a great hunt and a couple well deserved bucks, congrats guys!

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

It was great to me Jack and his family. Great guys. We were on a tight schedule and he shared a bunch of ideas.

Got to see those 2 deer in person. They are pigs. The pics do not do them justice. Big old heavy mature bucks.
Jack and his buddy did their homework, scouting and it paid off big.
Zach got a nice buck, but, not in the same class. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

I think Jack and I both has the same impression of CO. Wonderful to see 50 deer in a day compared to NM where you are lucky to see 5. And them deer are big as horses. My legs are still in shock from Zach and I packing it out.

Thanks guys it was and great hunt for 2 Viejos... hope I can do it again before I need a Rockin Chair.

Cuacopollo we burned 8 points for that hunt. Probably could have drawn with 6 or 7 But we started trying to draw in Co with 5 pp picked a unit that took 5 pp... and that yr it took 6 next yr put in for a unit that took 6 and that yr it took 7....POINT CREEP !!

So this yr we put in for a unit that took 6 and we had 8.... SO WE HAD TO DRAW... Lost a couple points but beat the creep.
CC

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom