Out With a Wimper

C

CHWine

I didn't even hunt the last day of A zone (today) and instead took the wife and left the property and did some other stuff. We shot 5 good/great bucks on our 1800 acres this year, but I couldn't get too excited this last week as the moon got big and the heat came back. I know I'm spoiled, but if the weather isn't good, I don't want to be out there in 90 plus temps trying to hunt deer. I've got a whole bunch of grapes to pick in the next month and then its a WY deer hunt that I'm looking forward to. Anyone else eatin' deer tags?

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

I am sort of in the same boat. I live in x9b and it was 98 at my house yesterday....wtf!

This season, so far, I have helped with 3 Owens Valley bull tule elk, and an x9b, junior hunter with his first buck.

I have 2 more friends with local elk tags in the next 6 weeks and a possible "ride along" to New Mexico in November.

I simply do not care to even go chase deer in my D9 zone.......especially with temps in triple digits this week.

A good fart would probably start a forest fire down there!

I have a Colorado tag in 3 weeks, so it is real hard to get excited about hunting California in a T-shirt.....and the snakes are still out, so I worry about my dog, while chasing mountain quail.

I twigged at small three point fiday morning after a very tough season. Had to make a 410yrd shot to get him. We saw a lot of great bucks in the trail cams but they never ventured out before light. My cousin has a tule tag for the ranch this year so that will be fun and I have a good one picked out. Now if the bull will hang around for two more weeks!

You had a very good year CHwine. I don't blame you for passing this last weekend.

I never even bought a tag this year. First time since......a looooong time ago. The pressure is building. By the time I get to WY I might shoot the first buck I see.:)

Eel

I didnt have an A zone tag this year but here in Orcutt it was an all time record high of 106 today. Yesterday was about 95. I don't think many hunters were out.

Steve
T&A Inspector

Well other than a great dove hunt we had it looks like I will be watching a lot of football this fall. I didn't draw anything for CA so I didn't buy a tag. Seems kind of weird not going deer hunting someplace but this year has not been the best for me on several accounts so I guess there is always next year.

>I never even bought a tag
>this year. First time since......a
>looooong time ago. The pressure
>is building. By the time
>I get to WY I
>might shoot the first buck
>I see.:)
>
>Eel

Well Steve just remember to stick to your guns and hunt hard for at least 3 or 4 hours and if you have not found a big one then go ahead and knock down the first 32" buck you see.

> I have a Colorado tag
>in 3 weeks, so it
>is real hard to get
>excited about hunting California in
>a T-shirt.....and the snakes are
>still out, so I worry
>about my dog, while chasing
>mountain quail.

Funny you should mention snakes nickman... I HATE snakes.
When I was dove hunting in Calexico this month I had just stepped in a plowed field to retrieve a bird and just my luck I almost put my foot down on a dead rattle snake that had just been ran over by the nice man that was plowing. Once I see one I have a hard time paying attention to anything other than looking for more snakes. Hate em...

There is always next year. M70 I am going to SD in Nov. as I drew both special buck and whitey

I'm envious Blueoak... You going to hunt the end of the season or the opener? West River? Last time I was there I hunted the end of the season just before Thanksgiving and I could not believe the whitetail bucks I saw everyday that were all rutted up not to mention the same for the mulies. We were all tagged out by the second day and had to hunt pheasant and shoot prairie dogs to pass the time...

Good luck and post some photos of those big bucks your gonna kill when you get back.

SD in the Rut Wow you lucky dog. Take your shotgun too, there are lots of birds again this year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom