Outfitter Help

bubba

Can anyone recommend a good outfitter for idaho. I'm looking at Archery elk.Pack in, Guided/semi guided.

Hurry before my wife changes her mind!!!!LOL

Thanks

Whitecloud outfitters, Michael Scott. Very well run operation. Not huge pack ins, but a nice backcountry horseback experience. Good archery rut hunting with bugling bulls ranging from 260 to 340 class bulls. Fly into Boise and drive 3 hours north, or get a flight into Salmon and drive an hour south.

You will not be sorry. You will have bulls bugling in your face.

I've hunted whitetails with Boulder Creek and it was great.

Did you have a bad experience hunting elk (not see any game) or was it more of a personnel issue?

His ranch hunts are very good, but Bubba stated that he was interested in a backcountry Elk archery hunt. And i can tell you that they will not be truthful about the quality and quantity of game,and tell you you will see 300 class bulls, but the reality is you will probably not even see an elk because of the wolf problem. I would very very leary of hunting with this guy in the back country, definately check all references!

By the way Bubba, Mike Scott is one of those guys that doesn't want a lot of publicity because his clientele is heavily returning hunters, and so his website looks like it is from the 1990's because he isn't in dire need of marketing. But, do yourself a favor, and call Mike, and talk to him about his archery hunts. If you want to PM me, I could tell you more also.

Just so you know, there are a lot of great businesses in this state that can allow you to have a great experience, but there are also a lot that involve an 8 hour pack in day up front and an 8 hour pack in day on the end. Mike's camps are no more than 4 hours packing in. Which, if you don't sit in a saddle a lot, is a hell of a lot different than 8.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-12 AT 10:05PM (MST)[p]I had the good fortune to accompany my friend as a non-hunting guest on one of Mike Scott's hunts. I fully agree with DTP's recommendation. It's the only time I have been on an outfitted trip, so I have nothing to compare to. However, if I can ever afford it, he'll be the one I call first.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom