Outwest Outfitters, Marble CO

alinrut

Looking for any information on this outfitter. Any honest input is appreciated, good...bad....indifferent. I'm off to Iraq for a year and looking to hunt with them when I get back.

Thanks,

Out west was owned and run by Gary Hubbell who was a top notch guy. He sold 50% of the business or something like that and I am not sure who is running it now. As far as the country that they hunt it is some very awesome country. Trophy deer country and has a very good elk population with some good mature bulls killed every year. Great horse back hunt!
JC

Colorado Hunting Consultants LLC
www.cohunthelp.com

Im not gonna dicuss it on here. But basically Gary isn't a well liked man here in the valley. He was basically ran out of town by the locals.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-09 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]Didn't mean to stir up a feud gentlemen, just was lookin' for some info on the outfitters. It's currenly run by a guy named Nate May. Yes, Gary Hubbel did run it a few years back but he ended up selling it. I've talked with Nate a few times and he seems a pretty good guy.

Coloradoboy, I did see where you recommended Outwest guides to someone asking about GMU 521, do you have any further info? I would appreciate it.

JC, thanks for the input. I do look forward to my horseback hunt with them in a couple years.

Take care gentlemen, have gun and be safe in your hunting adventures,

Al

No fued here! I just have not had a bad experience with Gary. He now lives up the road from me. I never hunted with him i have hunted the area that he outfitted in and love the country and it produces some great animals. I guess i should just speak for the area and let you decide on the guide.
JC

Colorado Hunting Consultants LLC
www.cohunthelp.com

No worries there JC,

I do appreciate the info. All my research shows that the area is truly some amazing landscape, I'll definately bring the camera for some of those pic's.
I also looked at the harvest report and it seems the area is right on par with the rest of the state.
I'm not looking for a guaranteed kill on a 400+ bull. I just want a solid hunting experience, with fair chase game around and a harvest on a nice Muley and decent Bull. I know that nature has alot to say in the equation.
All my other research about the Outfitters show's that they are right on par with good accomodations, solid food, and knowledgeable guides.

Once again,
Thanks for the info.

al

I reccomended outwest because its one of the outfits out the area. Its not that the outfitting operation doesnt do the job its just kinda local grudge match to say the least. Just ask around the Roaring Fork valley and you'll see....

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom