Over Counter Area??

N

NVRACKS49

Im looking for any advice on a over the counter deer hunt. Probably not archery cause ill be tied up with my usual archery nevada hunt. Im just looking for a area to put some time in for my first Utah hunt. I dont mind putting the leg work in one bit. PM me if youre kind enough to point me in a direction. If interested in Nevada I have no problem sharing some info. Thanks

likely wontbe much left over you gotta put in the draws for the decent uits. there are usually leftover tags for the north

Unless im not understanding the map on last years regulation book there is a lot of general hunt area. When they say "general" isnt that OTC tags on first come first serve. From my understanding if I purchase a general season tag I can hunt any general hunt area or do they sale the tags by Northern, Southern etc.?

I know they go through the draw process first before you can buy OTC, but doesnt Utah give out a zillion tags for general hunts

I read some more and it appears it sales general tags by the Unit. So Southern Unit is unlikely for tags to be left?

Yeah this year is the first year 30 units and the deadline to apply was 03/1 so your out of luck till next year unless there is left over I am thinking they go on sale first come july 31. Check the proc. However you can apply for a couple more days for a prefrance point so you will have extra point next year.

Rutnbuck

Archery tags are unit specific this year. Like already said you will have to wait to see what units dont sell out then I believe it will be first come first serve for them

don't even waste your time with deer in Utah...especially rifle this year...buy an OTC bull elk tag and hunt the north slope if you are interested in a Utah OTC rifle hunt...

United Wildlife Cooperative
Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings

plenty of units maybe available however most all the southern units will go.. but many hunters will draw 2nd/3rd choices give it a few years of data to see what hunters make hard draws..and quotas will always change so find a few units that work for you so theirs always plan "B"...
THE TRUTH IS WE ALL ARE WAITING TO SEE HOW THIS WORKS..
good luck!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom