P.C. Holiday Celebrations?

polarbear

Long Time Member
Howdy folks! I have a beef with this whole holiday political correctness crap! My kids had their school ?holiday celebration? last night. Now, as most of you know by now, I am not a religious guy. I do, however, firmly feel that everyone should believe and or worship any way that is right for them. With that said?. For the past three years since my kids have been going to school, the holiday celebration included songs and skits for Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and from groups such as Muslims, Mexicans, and a couple of others that I didn't recognize. What is missing? You guessed it, Christmas! In the stench of political correctness, they bypassed any mention of a Christian holiday and tried to cover it up with Frosty the Snowman and a tiny bit about Santa. This year they did have a vague mention of Joseph, Mary and a little baby. But it was rushed through and hardly noticeable. What has this stinking country come to? Christmas (a Christian holiday) has been whitewashed of the reason for it coming into being. Like it or not Christmas and Hanukkah have the main reasons for celebrations in December for a billion years! (Well, not quite a billion). The one that got the most time was Kwanzaa, a holiday that was made up by some dude in the 70?s. I just don't get it! It really pisses me off that traditions are being swept away all in the name of political correctness. Is it just me, or do any of you folks feel the same?
yotewalk.gif

Eric

We have the same thing here in Texas. My 7 yr old 2nd grader learned this classic:

Hannuka O hannuka light the menora, ... hannuka O hannuka the festival of lights! HEY!

It is good for them to learn cultural divestity - especially when we live in a very diverse world, but I agree - don't erase Christmas in the process. At least they got to sing jingle bells too... sort of, it was in Spanish!

ROY

What I don't understand is what's politically correct about ignoring God???? I'm very religious and I am with you PB.

Im with you guys on this one. There would be no CHRISTmas, without CHRIST. Im tired of schools and everyone else trying to cover up the fact, that we HE is the reason that we celebrate this season.

SCOTT

I hear you Eric. Christmas was a very special time when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's. Even though my parents couldn't afford much in the way of presents, it was a special, sacred time for our family. It was a time of worship and giving from the heart. Then it started getting commercialized. It was all about bigger and better and more expensive. And now the politically correct garbage. Now it's not really even Christmas any more. It's "The Holidays". A sad, sad situation.

But we can't let it effect our spirit! If we do, they win. Our daughter and her husband and my three grandsons come home every year for Christmas and we put a lot of effort in keeping the traditional Christmas spirit alive.

Steve

The crazy thing is that at least 80% of the US is Christian and 96% celebrate Christmas. Why is this even an issue. The last time I looked it only took 50% to make a majority. President Bush received somewhere around 53% of the popular vote to retain the Presidentcy. So what does it take to not have to worry about not being able to celebrate Christmas in public?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-05 AT 07:06PM (MST)[p]Amen... I don't say Xmas for that very reason.. its always CHRISTmas.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

I thought that this thread was gonna have a pic of a case of budweiser and a santa hat in it. I just thought that it was going to show us how Paul Crawford celebrates Christmas!

Drum

I'm with you on this one polarbear. When someone tells me "happy holidays", I always reply "merry Christmas". Without Christ there is no Christmas.

It's really changing fast out there. My company sends out about 200 cards every year around this time, I make sure they say "Merry Christmas". I received about 75 cards from suppliers this year and can't remember any that said anything but Seasons Greeting and Happy Holidays.
I dug through the ad's in the paper Sunday...about 3 inches thick, not one ad mentioned Christmas. They were selling Holiday Trees, Holiday Gifts, and celebrate the festive season.
This is ridiculous, why are some against Christmas?
Maybe we should do away with St. Patrick's day because it offends the 97% of the population that isn't Irish. I could go on but I won't.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-05 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]Agree,

Letter to the editor in our local newpaper was written by a local Christian. Basically he asked the local people to only shop at stores that say Merry Christmas and still sell Christmas tress.

So I did.

I purchased a few gifts for the wife and my brother. Did all of my shopping at www.cableas.com.

They still had a Christmas shoppe.

Wife might be a little pissed when her new camo clothing is a little big for her. My size though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom