Packing one out. (photo)

H

hoofsandhorns

Don't think I posted this shot yet. It's one I took of my brother Brent packing a lion out this past winter. Use to be the other way around. I'd be the one packing and he'd be the one with the camera. Took me a while to figure it out but I finally got smarter in my old age I guess.

47cae1a465409f2a.jpg

Sweet picture, looks like a nice cat too

early to bed, early to rise, hunt like hell and make up lies!

Great shot, like the dogs in the picture, is that the cat from your other post(152 lbs) if it is your brother is packing a load. Some great pictures Thanks again for sharing them.

>Great shot, like the dogs in
>the picture, is that the
>cat from your other post(152
>lbs) if it is your
>brother is packing a load.
>Some great pictures Thanks again
>for sharing them.

Thanks, glad you liked the shot. It's a different cat, this one weighed just over 140.

H&H,
that's a great shot, you boys sure take great pics. Thanks for sharing. What line are your black and tan's out of?

May be easier to just pack the hide but your waqsting a lot of good eats there my friend.

There are two reasons we carry every cat out of the hills that we can, and that has been 99.9 % of all the cats we have taken over the past 29 years...first is the meat,I have guys calling me months in advance for the carcass,
I give every cat we take to guys who donate them to game dinners etc.
I tried it once but am not real fond of it so am glad to give it away.
The second is to weigh the cats actual weight...no guessing.
We guess them in the tree and then put them on a scale to see who owes who supper.
I've lost a few times myself.....
It takes a big tom to go an honest 150 lbs, without 10 to 15 lbs of deer or elk in hig belly.

My female is from Janet Kosnik, Kosnik's Black and Tans out of Helena, MT. (406) 458-8654
I raised the male , he is from Tuff Creeks Black Hawk (Male)
and Winter Hawks Black Cinder (Female) the 2 13 month old pups in the photo are from them.
Awesome tree and trail ability in all of them, even in the tough conditions we hunt here with so much wind and bare ground most of the time.

>H&H,
> that's
>a great shot, you boys
>sure take great pics. Thanks
>for sharing. What line are
>your black and tan's out
>of?

I goofed up and sent a reply to the post not to your question, look on the post for the info on the hounds.

Thanks for the info, I'll file it away. I had a stellar male that I got from Ken Duncan out of Morgan, Utah. He was a mammoth of a dog, about 80 lbs, a little big for my taste, but he was super cold nosed and as honest as the day was long. Lost him to a bloat this summer........very weird. He was only 5. Anyway, been lookin for a good one to replace him, but just haven't found the right one just yet. Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom