Packing your cape out.

nv_hunter

Very Active Member
So I have only had two ticks burrow in me and both were in my back while packing out a cape. I have put them in plastic bags etc. Also the mess on my 200 dollar pack. Any advice on a better way?

Warning1.jpg

Take the wife to pack out the messy stuff?

A bed sheet and electrical tape have been fine for 50 years.

You don't need a parachute to skydive.
You do however, need a parachute to
skydive.......twice.

DIDN'T YOUR NEW CHICK EVER SING YOU THAT SONG?

You ain't never seen Ticks!

Shoot a Buck on SJ & then You'll know what Ticks are all about!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I'd go with Nickman's suggestion. A pillow case works well too. Then when you get home spray that sucker with some tempo or toss it in your freezer. Dead!

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

I spray all the giant elks I kill with RAID and do not get ticks in my back. Allso I poor a little Simple Green down their mouths and that helps with ticks. If you had a cape on your back then you probably gotted lucky haha. I do not think you probably are a good hunter but I am sure you will tell us you are.

Its hard for ticks to get through a burlap bag. We used these in kansas to pack deer out from our stands. soak up blood and keep ticks at bay. Just a thought.

That explains everything guys! He's been eating and breathing all that Raid he uses on his elks, LOL!!!

>Hell if one bucks cape has
>too many ticks, use the
>cape from the 2nd one
>you shoot....
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LMFAO!!!!! That was good justr

You Utards should just let your DWR manage the ticks and then in a few years you would'nt have to worry about them.

Sounds like you are shooting them too far away. Get closer and shoot them in the neck. Between the muzzle blast and the powder burns, your cape should be tick-free.

You could aslo try throwing them in the bed of your pickup next time. It is a whole lot easier to wash out your bed then it is your pack. It's also more comfortable driving without all that stuff on your back. Instead of a plastic bag, you can spend a few bucks more and get a bedliner. If you ever hunt in Cali, you won't be able to use a plastic bag anyway as they have been banned in a good portion of the state.

As long as you keep the windows rolled up good and tight, you should be ok.

If you do get a tick on you, twist it counter-clockwise. They come right out.

>You Utards should just let your
>DWR manage the ticks and
>then in a few years
>you would'nt have to worry
>about them.

LMAO! Sad but true!

Get more friends to hunt with you and have them pack out your cape.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

If the cape is coming off the head before packing I put it inside an Alaskan game bag...never had a problem with ticks, at least not yet! The buck I killed this year had a million on him, none ended up on me though thankfully.

How do you know the ticks were directly off the cape and didn't find their way directly to you, bypassing the deer altogether? I suppose a bit of Deet before handling the animal... Or just have your wife/girlfriend (best not both) go over you with a fine toothed comb as soon as your off the mountain.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom