PAHVANT GOAT SPOTTED

H

HEREFORDS

Does anyone have any information when the GOATS were transplanted on the PAHVANT in Utah ? It's no longer a secret I spotted one looking through the swarovski today.

There has'nt been a transplant on the pahvant. If you did in fact see a goat it must have crossed the freeway from the beaver unit on to the pahvant.

I DONT KNOW WHAT HE SAW BUT I HAVE SEEN 2 MOUNTIAN GOATS ON THE PAHVAUNT MYSELF ASKED THE FISH AND GAME AND HE CALLED BULL@@#@#
ON ME BUT I CAN SEE THEM QUITE OFTEN

I know the difference between a mountain goat and an antelope thank you! I lived in the salmon idaho area for 10 years we would see them all the time hunting and you can go down the salmon river near the middle fork area and see more than you can count. I would not of posted the information if it was not true NUNYA....

Calm down Herefords, people were just trying to clear up what you ment when you said "goats". Lots of people call pronghorns "goats" so it wasn't clear. Nobody accused you of not knowing the difference,just didn't know if you were talking about mountain goats or pronghorn.

RE: PAHVANT SPOTTED GOAT

Glad you know the difference. I looked at my post and couldnt see where I had called you a liar. I myself have never seen a goat on the pahvant but I have seen some on the Monroe unit just above Hoovers in Marysvale canyon.
Where did you see the goats or goat?

Your response was uncalled for nunya. He obviously meant mountain goats. Set down your beer and do some research for questioning others.

LOL

Well you never know. I just thought I would ask. I always hear people calling antelope, goats. Goats, sheep and sheep, goats.
My favorite is telling someone that I went sheep hunting here in Ut.over the weekend and having them reply, "oh, the fury white ones".
I am sorry I offended any one ramslam thank-ya mamm. I will crawl back in my hole now.

Herefords,
Did you see this goat on the south end? If you did it probably crossed over from the Beaver side. I spend alot of time on that end of the mountain and I haven't seen them. Sure would like to if you don't mind telling you can send me a PM.
Thanks,
L.T.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-05 AT 08:46PM (MST)[p]ROPERLT, This goat is up fillmore canyon on the north side of chaulk creek. A friend seen the goat on the 11 of march, I spotted it on the early am of the 14 in the same area. We have only seen the one goat, seems kind of odd to me that the goat would be alone. If you know this country it is rocky rough and steep a place where goats could survive. I spend alot of time on the south end to the north end of the mountain. I hope this helps. Thanks, Dean

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-05 AT 02:54PM (MST)[p] Salina city keeps some goats around there sewer ponds to keep the weeds down. I talked with a maintenance worker there and he said they were in fact missing a few. That could be where they came from. He also said they had reports of a couple guys with Washington plates and a WaFNAWS sticker in their back window putting a couple hog tied goats into their Dodge pickup. I called this guy I know from Wa and He did say they did a goat transplant with some goats from sevier county that Don Peay sold them. So as you can see this goat thing has got me all flustered.
I called up SFW. They said that there was in fact a Salina sewer pond goat transplant on Mt.Catherine(which I'm sure you know is on the Pahvant). He said that there should be a auction tag next year and a 5% increase in conservation goat tags there. DWR confirmed this but said you would not be able to take a pie bald goat(scientific name pahvant goat spotted) until there numbers were up.(probably around 2007)He hinted that the pie bald goat(pahvant goat spotted) tag would probably be auctioned with the proceeds going to try and get fishon back into SFW membership. Mean while people such as my self and bobcatbess will be the only peeons wishing we could hunt the pahvant for goats.

Here in Mt we call Mountain Goats, "Goats" for short, and Speed Goats, (Americam Pronghorn Antelope) "Goats" for short. I dont think Nunya ment to "Get your Goat"

Ditto Bittersweet!! In Idaho we also get lazy and refer to both species as goats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom