Panguitch Elk

Nolan

Pulled a panguitch archery bull tag this year, would love to see bulls that anyone else on here has taken over the years!

Attached are photos of my only other 2 archery bulls(2020 and 2014). Hoping to kill my biggest this year with such a good tag.

74B419EC-D5B9-496A-902B-BE961ABD4D67.jpeg

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_1203.jpeg

His bull ended up scoring just over 380 and made the Pope and Young all time I believe. Funny story, we actually went in to a spot looking for a pretty nice 7x7 that may have scored 320ish, we had no idea that bull was in there and he happened to walk in the flat first. I about had a heart attack just watching.

It gets better after Labor Day Weekend when the majority of the campers and cabin owners go home. If there was ever a year to draw that permit, this would be that year. Good luck.

It gets better after Labor Day Weekend when the majority of the campers and cabin owners go home. If there was ever a year to draw that permit, this would be that year. Good luck.
Why do you say “If there was ever a year to draw that permit, this would be that year.” I’m just asking for a friend that drew an early rifle permit for this unit ?

That's a fact! and I'm not seeing any elk in it but then maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots?
I've spent quite a bit of time up there the last few weeks, there is literally feed and water everywhere. I don't think deer or elk are needing to move much at all. It's making it tough to put eyes on many.

I've spent quite a bit of time up there the last few weeks, there is literally feed and water everywhere. I don't think deer or elk are needing to move much at all. It's making it tough to put eyes on many.
I'm sort of glad to hear that I am not the only person having a tough time putting eyes elk in this area, because I have been there three or four times this summer scouting for the early rifle hunt in September. I don't really know the unit very well, but I had not seen any elk until my last trip a few days ago and I was starting to worry about it. I can see how that burn area would have been a relatively easy area to spot elk in a few years ago, but the aspen regrowth in the burn area is so thick that I don't think large animals can go through some of that stuff.

I'm sort of glad to hear that I am not the only person having a tough time putting eyes elk in this area, because I have been there three or four times this summer scouting for the early rifle hunt in September. I don't really know the unit very well, but I had not seen any elk until my last trip a few days ago and I was starting to worry about it. I can see how that burn area would have been a relatively easy area to spot elk in a few years ago, but the aspen regrowth in the burn area is so thick that I don't think large animals can go through some of that stuff.
I was there last weekend. We seen several really nice bulls. I have a dedicated hunter deer tag there. If you'd like to pm me, I will let you know where I seen a couple nice bulls.

How would you guys rate the bucks you are seeing while looking for Elk this year?
Not a monster buck, but a solid deer I’ve seen within 100 yards of the same spot 3 different times this summer. However now that season has started I’m not sure if he’s still alive/around. DM me and I will gladly send you to where I’ve seen him

How would you guys rate the bucks you are seeing while looking for Elk this year?
I have been impressed by the number and quality of bucks that I have seen on the PLU. However, that is not necessarily saying too much coming from Northern Utah. I have seen some better than the one posted above by Nolan.

I have been impressed by the number and quality of bucks that I have seen on the PLU. However, that is not necessarily saying too much coming from Northern Utah. I have seen some better than the one posted above by Nolan.
Agreed. I always hunt much better bucks up north, but that one is the best I’ve seen. I have more recent photos that shot him off much better but because they were taken with my nice camera I can’t upload them

Not a monster buck, but a solid deer I’ve seen within 100 yards of the same spot 3 different times this summer. However now that season has started I’m not sure if he’s still alive/around. DM me and I will gladly send you to where I’ve seen him
Thanks!
I have a muzzy tag there and looking forward to my hunt!

I was down there this week for 4 days. There's a bunch of elk in sid or syd canyon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom