PANGUITCH LAKE DAM ANYBODY???

What are they supposed to do at this moment to fix it?

You’ve got a lake covered in two feet of ice and a limit on how much water you can release without causing the flooding you’re trying to prevent.

This is a tough situation and I hope it works out well for all those downstream. Scary times, for sure!

*edit- Looks like they are giving some positive news tonight. Still not entirely out of the woods, but efforts seem to be working and the damage looks to be limited to initial observations. That is good news all around! Let’s hope it continues.

Last edited:
All I'm Asking Nilly Is This:

The Damn Hasn't Looked Very Good For Who Knows How Long?

Are We Gonna Wait Till Something Major Happens Before We Do Something With It?

I Still remember The TETON Dam Incident!

Sure Glad I Was Upstream When That Happened!

I Hope Nothing Major Happens With This Dam & Everybody Stays Safe!

It Might Be time To Take A Close Look At A FIX Maybe?

What are they supposed to do at this moment to fix it?

You’ve got a lake covered in two feet of ice and a limit on how much water you can release without causing the flooding you’re trying to prevent.

This is a tough situation and I hope it works out well for all those downstream. Scary times, for sure!

*edit- Looks like they are giving some positive news tonight. Still not entirely out of the woods, but efforts seem to be working and the damage looks to be limited to initial observations. That is good news all around! Let’s hope it continues.

I had to stop and look when I saw this article the other day.

The very first solo vacation I took after I got out of college in about 1983 was a road trip through that part of the country. The fishing was outstanding in Panguitch Creek. I don’t remember seeing another person there. I also found a nice deadhead at a place called Posey Lake. Good times :)

I hope everyone is spared.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom