Parallel universes

MDQ

I was recently talking to a buddy about the long odds of drawing a particular deer hunt and he told me it's the same in his hobby, canyoneering. He said early each spring there will be a bunch of posts on the popular canyoneering sites inviting expert guidance and participation. A day later he sent me this:

88083948_2648261618739044_2707795662572879872_n.jpg

Made me laugh and it does indeed sound familiar. I feel envious & sorry for the guy who posted that. :)

Guy

Many people want to enjoy many activities in life and so many get the ball rolling before being prepared. A lot of people have been buying points for so many species in so many states for a long time and when their name is finally drawn, they then begin the planning.

My son and the rest of his friends do this every year, for the Middle Fork Salmon River permits. The outfitters get a majority of the available spaces reserved each year. They have everyone apply for the permit because the odds are astronomically high to get drawn, and if a person gets the permit it is available for the group. They average a golden ticket veery 3-4 years!!

It's different than hunting. What's to know about rafting? You get in the raft and that's it. It's not like you're going to take a wrong turn and get lost and the river does all the work. pfff. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom