Parasitic hunters

JPblind

Lets hear your stories of people that can't seem to find game by themselves. These are the people that will sit in someone elses blind/stand or just too lazy to scout so they move into your honeyhole where they heard you took a nice buck or bull. My exerience the majority are from out of state or city boys.

Or the ones who remain silent about what tags they have in their pocket hoping people will innocently share information in a group conversation among friends about the very hunt and tag in their pocket?

Or the ones who consistently ask for tips on a unit they've never hunted and don't plan to scout, then shooting a large animal that someone helped them "find", only to parade around as though they accomplished some kind of Mt. Everest feat?

And, finally, the ones who act innocent and genuine with a charisma of sincerity and humility to pump you for information like they are just struggling so hard to find a place to go, then drop you like a bad habit when they get what they want?

Yep, all three above are parasitic hunters and I know a parasitic hunter where all three traits exist in them...

Lets hear your stories of people that can't seem to find game by themselves. These are the people that will sit in someone elses blind/stand or just too lazy to scout so they move into your honeyhole where they heard you took a nice buck or bull. My exerience the majority are from out of state or city boys.

202304618_4551657794867930_8299206151912956489_n.jpg

Not Gonna Name The Names Just gonna Keep The Peace!

I've Seen This Happen Many a Times!

Joe Blow Finally Pulls The LE Tag!

They've Usually Never Been To The Unit!

And After They Pull The Tag!

They Just Didn't Have the Time To Go Check The Unit Out Or Scout!

They Venture To The Unit The Night Before Season!

Opening Morning They Are Road Hunting Checkin Sshhitt Out!

They Do This for a Couple/Few Days!

A Few Days In they Run in to one of the Famous Guides/Outfitters!

Now They Are Thinking:

Damn,We're Close Now To a Trophy Animal!

Of Course They Are Stopping & Talking to thew Famous Guide For Free Info!

The Famous Guide Feels Them Out as To What Kind of Animal They'd Be Happy With!

The Guide Knows where a Few of These Types of Animals Are Just For This Situation!

The Guide Leads Them Away From What He's Trying to Locate for His Client By Telling The FREEBIE Hunter where There's a Decent Animal!

Works About 95% of the Time!

The Guide Got Them The Hell Away From Where The Trophy is!

The FREEBIE Hunter Goes & Usually Harvests The Medium/Decent Animal!

The FREEBIE Hunter Praises the Guide!

The FREEBIE Hunter Doesn't Even Know What Just Took Place!

I've Seen This Ssshhitt Happen Time & Time again!

I am not sure who irritates me more--the guy who sits in someone else's blind, or the someone else who leaves his blind on public land thinking he has reserved that space (and animal) for himself. I recall an incident fifteen years ago when I arrived the evening before the opener to find a sign left on a quarter sheet of plywood at the head of the canyon I intended to hunt reading "this spot taken opening day!" I still have that sign--it's my favorite hunting trophy.

I know a lot of people who go out fishing in the ocean either for salmon or bottom fish and all they do is follow the party boats around. They won't ever venture out on their own and find their own bite. Party boat captains rarely use the vhf radio any more. They use cell phones if they want to talk to their buddies.

I know a lot of people who go out fishing in the ocean either for salmon or bottom fish and all they do is follow the party boats around. They won't ever venture out on their own and find their own bite. Party boat captains rarely use the vhf radio any more. They use cell phones if they want to talk to their buddies.
Happened to me one year spring time fishing for crappie. Found a killer tree that had them "wadded" up on, one of those spots the typical crappie fisher avoids because it doesn't look crappie enough.

Anyway, after catching a limit of 1 lb crappie on that tree, the next day had a boat on it I recognized the day before.

Parasites...

We had a group of guys like that in the area where we hunt. They would wait until they saw us making a drive and then park in front of our spotters.

They would also follow us on their quads as we would spot/stalk.

Then one year before season, their outhouse was cut up with a chainsaw and their game pole trees were cut.

They never showed up again. I had my suspicions as to who got up there early with the saw, but nobody would admit to it.

His Name Didn't Start with an f and end with a c did it?

We had a group of guys like that in the area where we hunt. They would wait until they saw us making a drive and then park in front of our spotters.

They would also follow us on their quads as we would spot/stalk.

Then one year before season, their outhouse was cut up with a chainsaw and their game pole trees were cut.

They never showed up again. I had my suspicions as to who got up there early with the saw, but nobody would admit to it.

I had to look up my diary. Last name started with D. There was a period of about 2-3 years in a row they couldn't count and ended up with a couple cows and no tags. They hung the elk high up in trees. Sunnybiches were in a hurry one night to get to the bar and darn near run me over.

….This one time, on Monster Muleys right after the draw results dude got on posting as a woman to get help for his tag….and this other time dude got on Monster Muleys “not looking for anyone’s honeyholes” because he drew a good tag….and then there was that one guy that had a daughter that drew out so he got on Monster Muleys and asked where a good spot would be to take his daughter to get her first big game animal….but then there was also that time that 88 yr old grandpa finally drew a coveted tag and got on Monster Muleys to beg for help….Oh and then there’s those 1,000 other times the lazy-boy armchair scouters pop on Monster Muleys to see what it takes to kill one from the internet….

Looking forward to the month of June! Can’t wait to hear the sob stories from the stray cats begging for free food again?

When a youth hunter is involved, I will always help out in pointing someone in the right direction if I can. It does, however, depend on who the adult mentor is...

A lot more picky with adults.

Last edited:
Yep, got one of those guys too. Had a hard time finding a buck, so I took him to a public land spot with some secretive whitetails. He killed a decent buck. The next year, he went in there without me on the opener, and killed a great buck I had been watching. And then had the nerve to tell me not to tell anyone about "his spot!!"

I do hate these threads, I’m one of the guys from way across our great country that has asked for help a few times. We are mostly DIY hunters and certainly need some guidance to get started. I DO always appreciate the help that I have received. I also can’t stand the $$$holes that lie to receive some help or don’t have an ounce of true thanks for help. I put a ton of time into bow hunting and give a ton of time back to our sport and craft. The other thing I enjoy is conversing with brothers about a trek out west. It’s easy to feel the kinship, it’s enjoyable and actually becomes part of the experience and the hunt.

The guys you are talking about in this thread put a bad mark on all the rest of us. What to do about it ? I have no idea. What I can tell you is I think, well I know, that I had help from people that had joy from the joy I had from my experiences on my hunts.

Thank you guys

Have a Great Thanksgiving!

I do hate these threads, I’m one of the guys from way across our great country that has asked for help a few times. We are mostly DIY hunters and certainly need some guidance to get started. I DO always appreciate the help that I have received. I also can’t stand the $$$holes that lie to receive some help or don’t have an ounce of true thanks for help. I put a ton of time into bow hunting and give a ton of time back to our sport and craft. The other thing I enjoy is conversing with brothers about a trek out west. It’s easy to feel the kinship, it’s enjoyable and actually becomes part of the experience and the hunt.

The guys you are talking about in this thread put a bad mark on all the rest of us. What to do about it ? I have no idea. What I can tell you is I think, well I know, that I had help from people that had joy from the joy I had from my experiences on my hunts.

Thank you guys

Have a Great Thanksgiving!

Then you're not one of those parasites.

It's too bad somebody misconstrued the OP's opening post on his thread about non-resident hunters...

Or...flip this a bit. I had received some info on a hard to draw NR unit that I drew. The following year...opening day afternoon to be exact, I get a text from the guy who gave me the info on said unit accusing me of putting another hunter on "his" spot. I had talked with the other hunter about the unit but only gave GENERAL info about the unit. I had to contact the hunter I gave that info to to find out exactly what he told the original info guy. He didn't throw me under the bus because there was no reason to so I called the original guy and said I tole them general info so take a hike. Told him this isn't high school. Being blamed for giving private info when it wasn't given really wasn't cool.

I've received lots of help here as well and it always is appreciated. I've had to rebuild an outhouse or two but that goes with the territory I guess.

Then you're not one of those parasites.

It's too bad somebody misconstrued the OP's opening post on his thread about non-resident hunters
Roadrunner and JP. I didn’t misconstrue your message, in fact I agree. It’s a dang shame we have people that pull that crap on brothers. I suppose I wanted to assure you guys not everyone is like that. I would never repeat any info unless I asked the info giver first, period.

I see it here on the east coast too. I’ve helped many get started, most appreciate it some not at all and seem to be pissed over some requirements bestowed on newbies. We occasionally have equipment stolen mostly by other hunters.

I wish all of us are stand up real deal brothers!

Peace brother, have a great Thanksgiving

….This one time, on Monster Muleys right after the draw results dude got on posting as a woman to get help for his tag….and this other time dude got on Monster Muleys “not looking for anyone’s honeyholes” because he drew a good tag….and then there was that one guy that had a daughter that drew out so he got on Monster Muleys and asked where a good spot would be to take his daughter to get her first big game animal….but then there was also that time that 88 yr old grandpa finally drew a coveted tag and got on Monster Muleys to beg for help….Oh and then there’s those 1,000 other times the lazy-boy armchair scouters pop on Monster Muleys to see what it takes to kill one from the internet….

Looking forward to the month of June! Can’t wait to hear the sob stories from the stray cats begging for free food again?
Haha! ? This 100%! No, 1000%!!

Roadrunner and JP. I didn’t misconstrue your message, in fact I agree. It’s a dang shame we have people that pull that crap on brothers. I suppose I wanted to assure you guys not everyone is like that. I would never repeat any info unless I asked the info giver first, period.

I see it here on the east coast too. I’ve helped many get started, most appreciate it some not at all and seem to be pissed over some requirements bestowed on newbies. We occasionally have equipment stolen mostly by other hunters.

I wish all of us are stand up real deal brothers!

Peace brother, have a great Thanksgiving

It wasn't you. The post from the one who misconstrued was removed. The comments made before about the OP blaming non-residents are gone, which was not the case. JP never insinuated that non-residents are the worse.

The guy's username was related to beer, which probably was the reason he mouthed off the way he did...

Yeah, not everyone who asks for help is a “parasitic hunter”. There are plenty of people who are willing to work hard for their own success. Some of that work is checking for help on places like MM. For people who are contributors to MM (like nocwalker) I’ll help them any way I can.
For those who show up as new members a week or two before the season with a sob story and and the “don’t want anyone’s honey hole” line, they are much closer to the parasite category.
Most good hunting information represents hundreds of hours of hunting or scouting. I have places that I hunt that were passed down to me from my grandpa to my dad to me now to my boys that have been hunted dozens of times by my family. There is nothing really secret about these places, other people go through them as well. But I’m not going to give someone info that represents dozens of hours of hunting just because they don’t want to invest even a few hours on the ground before their hunt.

With Nevada’s first come first serve I’ve helped out a bunch of newbies this year. All in units I’m not actively hunting. I feel bad for the nonresidents that have been waiting for an elk tag and grab one with no time to scout. I found out there’s no secret spots in Nevada anymore.

With Nevada’s first come first serve I’ve helped out a bunch of newbies this year. All in units I’m not actively hunting. I feel bad for the nonresidents that have been waiting for an elk tag and grab one with no time to scout. I found out there’s no secret spots in Nevada anymore.
With NV being such a difficult draw anyway, any secret spots may not be any good between every 5-10 years...for NR's anyway.

Good for you for helping out your fellow hunters. We need more of that. Especially in states that a hunter won't get drawn for very often.

I am not sure who irritates me more--the guy who sits in someone else's blind, or the someone else who leaves his blind on public land thinking he has reserved that space (and animal) for himself. I recall an incident fifteen years ago when I arrived the evening before the opener to find a sign left on a quarter sheet of plywood at the head of the canyon I intended to hunt reading "this spot taken opening day!" I still have that sign--it's my favorite hunting trophy.
The way I'm wired is I'd be obligated to get up at 2am to post up in that canyon on opening day out of spite and to teach a lesson.

I agree there are parasites who frequent the site (and other areas of our life) and usually we can see through their smoke screen. They might kill or not but we also never hear back from them.

I’ve been helped plenty on here and many who helped me have become great friends.
I’ve also tried to help others and most still frequent the site and we’re also great friends.

I agree, it’s not just the NR hunters who are the issue but can be a coy local guy who mooches.

We all have stories to share!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom