Park valley archery

elkhuntn247

Any body Bow hunt out Park Valley way? I know its pounded in the rifle season, but how many guys hunt it with a bow? Like up on top? I know there is one CWMU out that way. So this would be more off the Yost side. I have never hunted it, dont plan to just curious.

100% of that area is private property. Most if not all land owners don't allow hunters. As for the cwmu's they aren't very good anymore. Hopefully that helps ya

Probably not 100% is private ground, but most of it is. I'd say check out the Grouse Creek CWMU's, if your already around there. Where abouts you lookin?

actually quite abit of public. Also some good bucks out there. The CWMU's average buck range from 24-28 inches i believe.

There is a lot of open country out there. Bow hunt would be hard, but there are also a lot of deer. Be sure to get a map or something outlining the private property. The land owners out there will tell you everything is theirs.

>100% of that area is private
>property. Most if not all
>land owners don't allow hunters.
>As for the cwmu's they
>aren't very good anymore. Hopefully
>that helps ya

LOL
There is plenty of Public ground out there. Don't listen to this guy. Look at a few maps and you will be surprized what you find. There are also a ton of trade lands from the CWMU program out there. A bunch of Checkerboard stuff has been filled in with trade lands to make a huge chunk of public ground.

Most people that hunt out there don't know what the heck they are doing. Do your homework and you will do great.

Ha ya I knew there was a good amount out there. I was just thinkin I could be wasting my breath on here with some guys.

But so far it doesnt sound like there are quite as many bow hunters as there are rifle hunters out there. I have a few friend that go out there and say it can be a zoo some years

I spent a weekend out there a few years ago bowhunting and didn't see anyone. Not even road hunters. Even on the muzzleloader there is hardly anyone. The rifle is a pumpkin patch though. Hunters everywhere.

You guys are right, I just did a little homework. Looks like there's alot of public land. Everytime i've passed thru there it looks like its all private. I guess I now know the word ASSume! Go get em!

>I spent a weekend out there
>a few years ago bowhunting
>and didn't see anyone. Not
>even road hunters. Even on
>the muzzleloader there is hardly
>anyone. The rifle is a
>pumpkin patch though. Hunters everywhere.
>

ya thats why I bow hunt. not anything against rifle hunters... just not my cup of tea..

Maybe Ill check it out.

I have hunted out that way many times. Been out during the archery and didnt see many people but most of the good bucks seemed to know where they were safe on the private. There are a ton of deer out there but just not a lot of good bucks but you spend enough time out there you will find one. Archery hunting would be a blast out there. Plenty of public. Get some good maps and take a gps so you can show the landowners that you are on public ground and not "their" land. I dont think the most of the cwmus out there average anything over a 24" buck or so but definately a few out there that are well over that. Check it out. Its fun country. Water can be the key out in the dry sage country during the archery hunt.

2457imgp0091.jpg

8781imgp0095.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom