Party Applications

Sierra

Very Active Member
Last year, i had an oufitter tell me that if you apply as a two person party, you have double the odds of drawing a tag. That would surprise me since no other state does it that way, but maybe i'm wrong. Is this outfitter smokin something?

smokin something...lets say u and your buddy apply together...there is 1 tag left for a NR..your app is pulled and both of you are on it..guess what it is discarded till thr tags have all been pulled or the next single NR app

It is partly true depending how you look at it. As stated above if there is 1 NR tag left under the cap it could get you tossed but at the beginning of the draw it works like having your name in twice.

>It is partly true depending how
>you look at it. As
>stated above if there is
>1 NR tag left under
>the cap it could get
>you tossed but at the
>beginning of the draw it
>works like having your name
>in twice.

If that's true, it's very different than all other states. Seems too good to be true.

Every application has only 1 chance of being drawn no matter how many people are on it. If the number of people on the application is more than the number of tags left then the application is thrown out of the drawing. Really its more of a gamble to put in as a group then it is as a single applicant.

When you apply with a group enrty, you have the same odds as a group as everyone else that put in as an individual.

When you put in on a party tag, everyone is entered together on one application. It does not increase the odds in the sense that if any one person on the app gets drawn then everybody else on the group application gets a tag because everyone is on one entry. That is why if there are only two tags left and a party application with 3 people is drawn then none of them get the tag, their entry is thrown out.

The advantage is that when a party entry is drawn and enough tags remain for everyone on the application then everyone gets a tag. This is good for people who want to hunt together, because either everyone will get a tag or nobody will. If everyone put in separately some might draw and others wouldn't and a family group would have to split their hunting time together.

well....the odds of you both being drawn is prolly better....as a party vs. separate.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom