Pauns Management Hunt

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Within the next year or two, I'll have enough points to have a good shot at drawing this tag (got 8 points now). Typically will there be snow on this area in early November or will the snow not come until later in the year? Obviously getting away from roads is best but is it a necessity on this hunt? Am I better off holding out a few more years to get enough points for the Henry's management hunt? Thanks for the advice in advance. Tired of buying points for Utah so I plan on burning them as soon as I can on a better than average hunt. Thanks.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

During a normal year, snow is not an issue in early november. Getting far from the road on the pauns in not a necessity, there are roads everywhere on that unit. I dont think there is any reason to hold out for the henry's management. In my opinion the pauns has way more management bucks than the henrys. If you want anymore specific info pm me i'd be glad to help.

No worry about snow, Most deer have moved off the high plateau by november, My Wife drew a pauns management tag the first year and we had a great time, lots of bucks to look over and rutting action just starting to heat up. My only complaint is the short length of the season [5 days] Puts a little pressure on to find and take a bigger buck especially for a less experienced hunter. If you draw P.M. me and I would be happy to help.

Thanks for the info guys. I've only got a 10% chance this year but 40% next year so I figure I'll be drawing it within the next 3 years if the odds pan out the way they should. Thanks again guys.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

That is a fun hunt. My dad got it last year with 4 points. He did get it two weeks before the hunt started because someone else turned it in. He saw a ton of deer and several 3x4's around 24 wide. He took a heavy horned 3x4 that was basically a big 3x3. Personally if I had 8 points I would be putting in for the normal Paunsaugunt tag not the management tag.

It had not snowed there this last year. Road hunting is the best way to hunt that hunt because you can cover the whole area in a few days and see a lot more deer. By that point in November they are not migrating anymore so if you pass one up you will be able to find them again most likely.

It is not a "trophy" hunt.

PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. I know it is not a trophy hunt but I'm getting a bit bored with sitting on the sidelines, you know? Been accumulating points waaaaay too long. Thanks again guys.

Steve

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom