Paunsaugaunt elk

One of the toughest units in the state. Success rates usually are a good indicator, and they are pretty dang low. What weapon are you interested in?

I've hunted the Pauns three times for elk(archery) twice when they had the AR301 hunts. I haven't hunted it for ten years though. My daughter and I should draw it this year. It is a tough hunt but one of the easiest to draw. I'd rather hunt a few not so great elk hunts than wait 20+ years for one good hunt.

What hunt are you interested in?

Last year when I was scouting for deer before the archery season there was a pretty good group of elk hanging around above the Podunk guard station. they disappeared by opening day of archery season and I never did see them again during the archery hunt or the muzzleloader hunt.

Last year when I was scouting for deer before the archery season there was a pretty good group of elk hanging around above the Podunk guard station. they disappeared by opening day of archery season and I never did see them again during the archery hunt or the muzzleloader hunt.
Thanks buckhorn

I have a friend that can draw the early rifle or muzzleloader and have been deciding if it’s worth it to him. Probably the only limited rifle tag that he could draw for several years unless he gets lucky.

I have not had time to scout for elk there other than seeing them in the park.

I've see some pretty decent bulls just below and south of the Alton Ranch during the muzzleloader deer season and also around the "Bald Knoll" area.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom