Payson Sports and Trophy

Why do you say that, have you heard or seen something saying they were. I live here in Payson and have not heard anything. Im curious now, I would hate to see them leave.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I guide hunts with Drew, and he's not said anything in the way of going anywhere. He's solid as a rock and has been for as long as i can remember.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I just got a letter in the mail and if broke my heart to hear that Payson Sports is going out of business and yes Walgreens is moving in...... "Sh$t"... We will miss you Drew, Scott and the Payson Sports family.

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed taters and gravy.

Spent some time in there myself when I was down hunting elk in Sept. That place is kinda "famous", especially with anyone who spends time on this site or lives in UT. Surely they are going to build themselves a new, bigger, better store somewhere and keep up the good business.?

Yep - pretty sad deal. Those guys took good care of their customers. Sportsmans closed 8 stores. I wonder when the one in Provo is going to close. That means I will have to drive all the way to Cabelas to get things. I thought they were pretty solid too but I think this economy is killing even the mainstay guys.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

i was in sportsmans and ive never seen so litle stock on the displays. from rapals to guns. not 1 308 in brand.????

Not good. Not good. It seems like they were always busy. I with they were just moving and not closing. Good luck to them.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Its sad to see, I probably spend more time in that store than any other. Its nice to go some place that everybody knows your name and you no theirs. I was hoping they were just going to move locations but it sounds like there done for good.

Dang it that sucks!!! I also live in the area and hate to see that, but after what cabelas has done in Arizona, I refuse to buy a field tip from them!!!!

While I hate to see the store close, I'm happy for the owners.

I have no insider information, but with the tight margins in the sporting goods industry. I suspect that payson sports was never about sporting goods and was all about real estate. Just like McDonalds was never about hamburgers.

If they decide to open another store we will all benefit. If they don't I applaud their success and wish them well with whatever they do in the future. Thank you for providing a true hunting store for so many years. Good Luck

That sucks I live in Salt Lake and have gone down there and bought several guns and a bow from them.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward, whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both, for a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

ITs Offical, the signs are up on the front of the store, A sad day for payson and all those sportsman who frequented this store, Drew and Scott and the crew are all class acts, Have always been there to donate to the hunting community, They Could always find that special item. It is a great loss, Thanks Drew, Scott, I hope you find other things to occupy your time that will give you as much as this bussiness did, I remember When Drew started the store, shortly after losing his job @ Geneva, It started small and grew into a custom sporting good shop, They were well know thoughout the state, many would travel long distances to do business with them. My Father in law is a gun collector and spent many dollars having them order in guns for him. Thanks again and good luck on future projects.

Too bad indeed. I hate to see the super giant retailers move in and drive small buisness out. We are loosing too many ma' and pa' small buisness locations and gaining too many Walmarts and Cabelas. As much as I enjoy going to Cabelas and looking around in person or online, I save my big dollar purchases for the small shops whether it be guns or gear. If I have to spend a little more so be it.

Man thats too bad. I have bought all my guns and bows from them. Was saving up for a spotting scope and had already talked to them. I don't know where I can go and get the service that I got there. Good luck to Drew, Scott, and everyone else. Hopefully another store is in the works.

That is too bad I wish scott and his family the best of wishes and would like to thank them for all they have done for me in the past. Hate to see the small shops that take care of there customers go but best of luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom