permanent treestands

C

caterpillar

How does everyone feel about people who put treestands up permanetly, and claim ownership of the area the treestand over looks. I was out walking a new area last weekend and thought it would be a good place to hunt, seems someone else thought the same thing. I found a tree stand made of 2x4s and ply wood nailed to the tree and a plastic lawn chair nailed to the plywood.all of this was over a salt block, there are deer and elk tracks everywhere around the block, looks like a stock yard. Would any of you sit in this stand come deer season? i thought about it just to see what the response of the owner would be when he climbed into his stand and some one was already there.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-09 AT 05:06PM (MST)[p]If the idea is to claim that area as his own,
then it is wrong (IMO). If it's a first come first served, then
no problem(with me anyway). My brother, who has a friend that works in the park service around Williams told him that tree stands left up are considered "abandon property' by the park service and was told that they are illegal..I don't know for sure.

It is an illegal stand. If you report it someone may come tear it down. However, I would not hesitate to sit in the stand if it were still up when the season comes around. You can't "claim" public land, no matter who you think you are, how much time you've spent there, or what you've placed there that is yours.

"I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money.
You can keep the "change"!"

use it and kill the biggest deer around nothing wrong in that.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-09 AT 04:34PM (MST)[p]They are illegal and can be used by anyone. If a forest service truck pulls up and asks you if it's your's be prepared. They are tearing them down when they are left and if they catch you building/ improving one it might just get you a citation and a fine. Same goes for spikes pounded into a tree.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom